Review by Shiedan -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shiedan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiedan.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Shiedan -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Shiedan » 01 Aug 2019, 03:51

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an amazing autobiography about the setbacks and challenges Jorge faced along his journey as an entrepreneur. This book informs the reader that the journey to success is full of challenges, failures and disappointments. Only those with the courage to stand up again after every fall are likely to succeed.

Jorge P. Newbery started his journey as a newspaper delivery boy at the age of 7. He did this on his bicycle with full support of his parents. The money he had saved as a newspaper delivery boy enabled him to start an ice cream business at the age of 11. He later acquired and rented his stage for punk rock concerts, ran a record company and competed as a professional cyclist. After his cycling career, he entered into the real estate industry. This is where he faced the greatest challenge ever. He had learnt to push on through tough times but his experience in the real estate industry taught him to accept defeat.

In this book, Jorge P. Newbery uses “burn zone” as a period of great difficulty. During this period, it is easy to give up, walk away and never look back. It is a period full of challenges and only those brave enough to persevere will succeed. Jorge was able to move from one burn zone to another led by his ambition and willingness to take risks. The reader is able to clearly see the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur from Jorge’s experience.

The author’s organization of chapters in this book is impressive. His writing style made the book easy to read and understand. The author included some pictures in his narration which made the book even more interesting. I loved the way the author has discouraged racism in this book. He gives a real example where black people were killed and then it was said that they deserved it. The author shows us how dangerous racism is and that we should never judge people by their race.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was professionally edited and well organized. I also felt very motivated after reading this book. There are a lot of lessons one can learn from it. Personally, I have learnt to face my challenges head-on and to never give up. I recommend this book to all lovers of motivational books and those interested in entrepreneurship.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”