Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Burn Zones

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 » 30 Jul 2019, 08:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is an inspiring novel by Jorge P. Newbery. The novel shows that a person can cope with all the challenges he/she encounters in life. The novel describes the main events in the narrator’s life and shows both his successes and failures.

The narrator starts his first job as a paperboy at the age of seven. After this first job, Jorge, the narrator, works in numerous other fields. He works as a busboy, afterward manages to establish his record company. He has had a flair for business from an early age. Jorge is an extremely inspiring character as he takes up every new challenge with passion. Nothing is impossible when a person is determined to achieve the set goals. His new passion becomes bike riding. Jorge spares no efforts to prepare himself for the difficult races. Bike racing is later replaced with a job in the field of real estate industry where Jorge manages to establish his empire. However, this job turns into his greatest failure.

The novel focuses not only on the life of the narrator but it also raises numerous social issues. It presents how important the role of the family in one’s life is and that a person always needs the support of his/her relatives in order to become successful in life. The novel also pays attention to the unfair treatment of the African-Americans. Last but not least, the novel shows that a person can keep his/her moral values and preserve his/her purity even in contemporary society.

My favorite part of the novel is the one where the narrator describes how he manages to inspire the people in the estates he buys to change themselves and become more responsible. Jorge does not provide these people only with appropriate living conditions, but he also gives them a chance to contribute to the prosperity of their local community. There is not anything about the book which I did not like.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars as it is not only an enjoyable read but also a very helpful one. It shows that a person should never give up his/her dreams and should be ready to work hard to achieve them. I recommend this novel to all those who encounter a difficult moment in their lives. However, I do not think that the novel will be enjoyed by people who love more action-packed books. The novel is professionally edited, and I did not notice any typos.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”