Review by Rawan Alamin -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rawan Alamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawan-alamin.html
Latest Review: Conflict on the Yangtze by Greg Kater

Review by Rawan Alamin -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Rawan Alamin » 30 Jul 2019, 07:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is a nonfiction book, an autobiography where the author talks about his journey of life and how he started working since he was seven years old and dropped out of high school at sixteen. Through the pages of the book, you come across what happened in every stage of his life as well as how he conquered every obstacle in the way.

What I liked the most about the book was two things: first, the name. The explanation of the phrase “burn zones” in the book’s introduction as short periods of extraordinary effort that separates winners and losers. After that he talked about how in every part of his journey, he experienced a burn zone. Second was the intrigue and excitement I felt through the whole book, I was never bored and always curious about what he will do next.

In every chapter there's an image or two in many places that are mentioned in the book. They are very interesting, and they make the reading more enjoyable.

Burn zones by Jorge P. Newbery is written in a simple way using appropriate words that help in the reading process and is the main reason anyone of any age can read this book. It is written in an almost perfect way; the book is very professional and has almost zero errors; it doesn’t have any grammatical mistakes nor spelling errors.

This book really gives you a whole new perspective on life and how you view it. It makes you want to throw the stereotypes away and prove you are efficient and hardworking the only way you know how, and that is by working.

The audience to this book can be various, from people who enjoy reading about other people’s life and others who are motivated by his act and share the author’s opinion that you don’t need to attend college or university to work and success in life.

There was nothing I didn’t like about the book, it was enlightening, very eye-opening, extremely intriguing to read, I couldn’t even put the book down when I started reading it and it was really funny at one point. Exceptionally flawless.

To all the mentioned factors and to sum up everything that has been stated, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I am definitely recommending others to read it, and I am sure they will enjoy it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”