Review by Im_hart -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Im_hart
Favorite Book: Demon Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-im-hart.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Im_hart -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Im_hart »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an interesting, inspirational and motivational autobiography. It is a non-fictional book that tells the struggles, challenges, failures, and successes of Jorge P. Newbery. I would really recommend this book to those who are facing challenges or burn zones as Jorge calls it, as it shows how he tripped, got up and continued running.

At age seven, Jorge started delivering newspapers on his bicycle and at age 11, he moved on to start his own business of selling ice cream as he learned not to be afraid to ask for what he wanted. At age 13, he became a busboy at a hotel and began saving up to start his own record company which was his dream. And from there his journey began; starting a punk movement, becoming a bicycle racer, excelling in that, becoming a loan officer, a real estate broker and ending up as the CEO of American Homeowner Preservation.

Jorge P. Newbery in Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands describes burn zones as relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separates the winners and losers. He accounts in detail his life’s journey and experiences, both good and bad to give people a broad view of how he made it to where he is and to encourage those who need it, to see their problems or burn zones as a means to get better.

One of the things I loved about the book was that, even though the author wrote about his life, he didn’t try to hide or sugar-coat any of his mistakes or failures, but described his feelings in a very realistic manner which readers can relate with. Also, his use of pictures in some parts of the book made my imaginations come alive. Sadly, I got a bit bored reading his elaborate explanations of the period he became a loan officer and a real estate broker as I didn’t understand some of the terms used.

At first, I was a bit reluctant to pick up this book for the fact that it is a non-fiction novel but now I can proudly say it captivated me even from the beginning and I was very much eager to see how the story played out. With all the entertainment and motivation to face my burn zones I got out of this book, I would gladly rate it a 4 out of 4 stars . There were no instances of erotic scenes and only one use of profane language when he wrote ‘f**k tha police’ which I would consider as a borderline profanity. Overall, the book was perfectly edited as I found no misspelling or grammatical error.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”