Review by e-reeder -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Review by e-reeder -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by e-reeder » 28 Jul 2019, 19:56

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Habits by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiography which talks about Jorge's ventures into the world of business and how he gets through his "Burn Zones." Burn Zones, as we are made to understand by the writer, are the hurdles, challenges, and obstacles we come across in life; business as it is in Jorge's case. They could be physical, emotional, mental, or otherwise. Jorge started his first job at age seven as a newspaper delivery boy in one of the country's largest newspaper companies. This quickly teaches him early in life, the need for hard-work, quick-thinking, and entrepreneurship. He rapidly amasses wealth even as a young man, but he soon hits a rock that leaves him penniless and in debt. Is he able to get over this "burn zone?" How does he do it?

The first thing I noticed is his family's support for his ambitions; how they were quick to help him with things that his age had legally limited him from doing. An example of this is his father assisting him in driving him long distance to get supplies for his business. Another is his mum renting a 24-foot stake truck in her name when he could not legally do it. His sisters even helped by agreeing to take him for meetings.

Another thing worthy of note and appreciation is his passion and drive for business at a tender age. He was privileged to find purpose at an age where his mates were still too young to know better. They goof and play around. This is something rare in modern times. Some people don't find their purpose in life until late into their thirties. I find it very fascinating (and a bit divine if I may add). It is safe to say that this is the reason why he was able to become wealthy later on.

The book contains themes like hard-work, resilience, and determination. It shows how the combination of these virtues, along with a person's personal financial choices, can make one a man or woman of wealth. This is a good thing, as many young people today want to get rich quick without putting in the work required for it.

I would recommend the book to lovers of non-fiction and inspiration, and for people of any age. The language is simple and does not contain crude words. I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I did not find any mistakes in it. The writing is clear, and there were pictures for illustration.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”