Review by roshrk -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
roshrk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roshrk.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Review by roshrk -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by roshrk » 26 Jul 2019, 23:32

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Everyone’s life is full of burn zones, which test the limits of our bodies and minds”.

If you are a fan of reading inspirational books, this one is for you. Burn Zones is written by Jorge P. Newberry, a successful entrepreneur who experienced huge debt challenges. The book is generally an autobiographical work about the life and experiences of Jorge Newberry towards becoming a successful business person. In this book, Jorge shared his journey from being a paperboy when he was seven years old to becoming an endurance athlete until he became a real estate investor.

Burn zones in this book refer to the relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers. Everyone experiences burn zones, which test the limitations of our body and mind. Burn zones differ from one to another, but they are all the same in a sense that one has to beat it in order to succeed in life. It could be in a form of debts, or any problems that one might think is impossible to overcome.

I find the book very interesting because of the insights one can get from reading the book. Unlike the many autobiographical books I have read, this one is not boring. The presentation and the arrangement are good, which make it easy for me to follow and understand.

I like the part when Newberry said that “I am my magic bullet. You are your magic bullet”. Our decision makes up the whole of what we are. We cannot just leave our fate to other person or wait for someone to lend their helping hands to us when we are in trouble. Rather, one has to decide first to help himself and make other person extend their helping hand. In his case, Newberry admitted that the circumstances that led him to huge debt were a result of his own decision and his alone. Nonetheless, it was also his decision to build himself back up that made him to recover from his loses.

The book is well-edited and I didn’t find any typo error. I could not find anything to dislike about the book. I could say that after reading this book, it has become one of my favorites. I recommend this book to business people as they can learn insights and principles that they may need in their business endeavor. I rate the book 4 out of 4 because of the reasons mentioned above.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”