Review by Gloria Loy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gloria Loy
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-loy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Review by Gloria Loy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Gloria Loy » 24 Jul 2019, 06:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Everyone’s life is full of burn zones, which test the limits of our bodies and mind," Jorge P Newberry. The quotation above is pretty much the doorway to what you will expect in this memoir that talks about the writer's journey as an entrepreneur. The author started working at the age of seven, started his first business at the age of eleven and dropped out of high school when sixteen years old. After exploring life in music and bicycle racing and facing several life challenges he eventually turned to the real estate industry, where he faced his biggest challenge ever. Did he overcome this challenge?

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hand is a memoir written by Jorge P. Newberry. This book consists of approximately 177 pages and was published in 2015. The writer is a successful entrepreneur, real estate investor and ex-athlete. He gives clear accounts on what he dealt with emotionally during tough times while pursuing his dreams.

This book is full of important information and knowledge. Setbacks and failures are common in life, more so as an entrepreneur. The writer seemed to always find a lesson whenever there arises a setback. This attribute made him stuck in finding a lesson on his biggest loss even long after actually getting back on his feet.

What I like most about this book is how he narrated the story of how the media blames African American's for their own mistreatment. He gives real examples of black people who were shot and killed and were perceived as "deserved it" because of the stereotypes of the black community that is painted by the media. He vividly explains how the system is rigged to always be against the black community and how that aspect of racism can affect everything. What makes it interesting is the fact that the author is Spanish. This enlightens people to not always judge people by their race.
There is nothing I did not like about this book.

The book was thoroughly edited since I did not notice any grammatical errors. The author had fluidity when delivering his message. I completely like Burn zones, so I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to deal with the tough times in their life. It can also appeal to those who want to venture in real estate because it has good insights on real estate.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”