Review by Shally_xx -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shally_xx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-xx.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Review by Shally_xx -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Shally_xx » 22 Jul 2019, 21:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery

Jorge P. Newbery’s Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands follows the life of a man who from a young age has been spurred on by the desire to be successful. He sets out to achieve this through hard work, determination, courage, diligence, endurance, and creativity. It is an inspirational story that reveals the struggles of a man on his journey to attain success.

In pursuit of the realization of his goals, he took on successive challenges while pushing past his limits. He would sometimes be saddled with challenges but he always found a way to overcome them through determination, the support, and love of his family. However, life, as we know, is not a bed of roses and he was soon to realize the bitter truth that nothing indeed lasts forever. The dream that he had been building for many years quickly came crashing down and in the space of two weeks; he had lost virtually everything that he had worked so hard to achieve his whole life. Nevertheless being ever positive, he determines to row through the storm and learns crucial lessons from his downfall which in the end propels him to believe in himself and give him the inspiration needed to embark on a new venture.

This non-fiction is inspiring and eye-opening. It basically teaches the art of determination and perseverance. I like the fact that the book is encompassing because it divulges not only the success story of the protagonist but also his experience during the darkest time of his life and through that the reader is able to learn not only about how he attained success but also about how he was able to deal with his challenges when he was at his lowest point. I also like the fact that the book is an embodiment of reality; a memoir that tells the truth of the real struggles and challenges facing men and not just an abstraction. Also, the book encourages optimism and creative thinking as the protagonist, Jorge always finds a way to turn his disappointments into something constructive. The book also emphasizes the establishment of relationships, both personal and professional and how it affects the success story of the character. I found this book mostly inclined to positivity and it was hard to find any negative element in it. Furthermore, the book was well edited, the grammar is impressive and the diction is very easy to understand.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars not only because the grammar is impeccable but also because it gives a good insight into the actual struggles of man and as stated earlier promotes nothing short of positivity.

I specifically think that this book would be helpful to readers who are thinking of venturing into or starting an enterprise and also to readers who are generally inclined to practical books.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”