Review by Deadoc1996 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Deadoc1996
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deadoc1996.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Review by Deadoc1996 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Deadoc1996 » 21 Jul 2019, 04:48

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

BURN ZONES:PLAYING LIFE'S BAD HANDS BY JORGE P. NEWBERY
"When I grow up I want to be... " is a phrase most of us if not all have used in our lives. The phrase has been used to describe what career choice we would follow after we've grown up. The journey towards our goals isn't always easy as we face ups and downs while trying to achieve what we set out to be.

Burn Zones Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiographical book that tells the journey of Jorge P. Newbery as he rises from zero to hero then back to zero. Even though he had lost everything and emerged over 26 million US dollars in debt, he never gave up and started rebuilding. He describes burn zones as times that we are faced with difficult situations in our lives and the easier option would be to give up. He tells of how he navigated his burn zones describing how losing everything he had, was the biggest burn zone he ever faced.

Jorge P. Newbery can be described as an ambitious person. He would set a goal and work hard towards achieving it. He rose from being a paperboy to a real estate mogul. Just at the tender age of 7, he started delivering papers for two competing companies. After saving enough cash, he bought an ice-cream tricycle and started peddling ice-cream to his neighbors. He was just 11 years old then. At the age of 13, he decided to look for greener pastures as a busboy. Jorge P. Newbery would always seek out new opportunities as he would get bored with anything that was not challenging. When he ventured into real estate, he would always sought out where people failed because he believed he would not considering he had already succeeded where most had failed. This is proven when he acquired the Ford Hotel. The 4 prior had been arrested but he came and made it work. This belief that he could succeed where others failed would be his undoing later on.

The book was such an inspirational read that it saddened me when it ended but sadly everything must come to an end. What I liked most about the book is how the author discusses problems facing every community. He talks of how people are discriminated without fear. He talks of how people lose their homes due to high mortgage loans. He also talks of how the system is rotten. The book was well edited and interesting which led me to rating it 4 out of 4 stars.

I would highly recommend the book to those facing their burn zones and want to give up. The book is really inspirational and might just give them that little spark to not give up. It is however not recommended to those with no love for inspirational books

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”