Review by oluchiokere84 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: Cooperative Lives by Patrick Finegan

Review by oluchiokere84 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by oluchiokere84 » 18 Jul 2019, 06:19

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Burn Zone, Playing Life’s Bad Hands, Jorge P. Newbery tells the stories of his success and failure in the various businesses he got involved in. He started making money at the tender age of seven by selling newspapers and ice cream. He then moved on to making his own musical record labels, bicycle racing, real estate and then blogging. He thrived on setting a goal, achieving it and then moving on to find the next feat to achieve. In the book he defined burn zones as the relatively short periods of extraordinary efforts that separates the winners and losers. These extraordinary efforts were the reason for his success many times, but they were also the reason for his failure in real estate which caused him to lose everything and become indebted to millions of dollars.

I didn’t like the fact that he dropped out of the regular school at fourteen to pursue his financial goals. However, I was happy to know that he studied much about most of the sectors he invested in and even wrote examinations to become qualified and better at what he was doing.

I learnt so many things from the book, such as the basic steps required to run a successful business which are:(i) seeking for more information about the business than one already knows (ii) paying attention to all clients (iii) responding promptly to messages (iv) acting confidently before clients (v) asking relevant questions (vi) helping people (vii) building relationships. I also learnt from his father that it is always better to anticipate and prepare for trials and challenges before they come which unfortunately Jorge didn’t do very often. His family unit also taught me a thing or two about family unity and support. I liked the caption on the photograph of the author sitting at the piano with his bride very much. It made me laugh. I also admired his ability to try to go back in time and find out the reasons for his failure every time it occurred.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited and I didn’t find any grammatical errors while reading it. The author expressed his thoughts clearly and was very honest about his opinions.

The book is a great guide to people who want to be or are entrepreneurs. People who are interested in bonds and real estate investment would also learn one or two lessons from the book. I do not think that it will be disliked by anyone who reads it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

LinaMueller
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by LinaMueller » 21 Jul 2019, 13:22

Great book indeed. Your review did justice to this book. Well done, oluchiokere84.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson

Abraham Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5