Review by Brianna14 -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brianna14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna14.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Review by Brianna14 -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Brianna14 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In her book From Drift to SHIFT, Jody B. Miller uses her professional experience as a life coach to showcase how a shift in perspective can create a life of happiness. Through her own story of being divorced, and learning to trust in her own strength and finding happiness again, Jody's story becomes personal to the reader. As Miller combines her story with the stories of many other individuals who have had to shift out of their comfort zones for varying reasons, the reader is able to find a connection with shifting and why, when, and how to do it in his or her own life.

Jody follows the lives of several people, herself included, and demonstrates their strengths and weaknesses. Through their lives, each person reaches a crucial point where they must decide if they are going to continue drifting or if they are willing to put in the effort to make a shift and become their happiest and truest selves.

What I liked most about this book was the appendix material at the end of From Drift to SHIFT. There were a few organizations mentioned in the book that I wanted to know more about. It was nice to have all the information available at the end of the book in order to check them out later. What I disliked most was how long a few of the chapters and stories were. I felt that they could have been condensed just a bit in order to get to the next point.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4. There were minimal editing errors, but overall really well done. I was impressed with how quickly I was pulled into the book and the various personal stories used throughout. The book was written in such a fashion that a connection can be made with any reader (old, young, poor, rich) that a (3) lesser rating wouldn’t be able to do as well.

I would recommend this book to individuals looking for a way to find happiness in their lives and are willing to take the steps and courage to go for it. There are many anecdotes displaying the range of human emotions and situations which could be beneficial for a reader who needs a little help in that final push for becoming true to themselves. I wouldn’t recommend this book to people who have a difficult time staying focused while reading, as some of the chapters are a little longer and the stories could have been condensed.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”