Review by centfie -- The Employee Millionaire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sophy Chunge
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-centfie.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Review by centfie -- The Employee Millionaire

Post by Sophy Chunge »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Employee Millionaire" by H. J. Chammas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Employee Millionaire gives practical tips for personal finance and investing in real estate. As the subheading states, it’s about “how to use your day job to become a millionaire with rental properties.“ I have read books promoting leaving your employment to focus on entrepreneurship. This book bears a unique perspective. It suggests that if you like your job, you don’t have to quit. You can grow into a millionaire by using your position as an employee.

Each chapter ends with action steps that the investor needs to take. The book has four parts based on the following questions. “Where am I now?” “Why am I there?” “Where do I want to be?” “How do I get there?”

What are your sources of income? How can you measure your spending against your total income? Part 1 guides the reader on how to make a personal financial analysis before investing. According to H.J. Chammas it’s necessary to determine and analyze your economic situation before choosing your area of investment.

Part 2 was my favorite because it encourages the reader to gain more knowledge and have a positive attitude toward the business. Without a mindset of success, you can’t succeed. Therefore, it is crucial that investors work on their own individual selves. “The way you handle fear determines the results you have in life. If you are equipped with knowledge, you can overcome fear” (page 97).  Thus, deal with fear and other personal limiting beliefs that can hinder your ability to make wise investment decisions.

Part 3 is about setting your primary financial objectives, creating your plan within timelines, and delaying instant gratification to reach your goals. Part 4 focuses on the process of “getting there.” It contains tips on how to execute your plan. This part teaches how to close deals, deal with tenants, and monitor your finances. Other important aspects involved in plan execution include building a team, choosing whether to work solo or in a partnership, legal issues and getting “good debt.” The book emphasizes that you can use your situation as an employee to secure loans for real estate investments. “It takes money to make money, but who said it has to be your money?” (page 89).

The book has some life advice too, so you don’t forget that you are human. For example, “I came to realize the what matters the most is how we live and love during our years on earth. It matters not how much wealth we accumulate for the sake of wealth, but we can think of wealth as an enabler to spend quality time with our beloved ones” (page 428).

I give The Employee Millionaire a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book is organized systematically and is easy to follow. The tips given apply universally. The author, H.J. Chammas, gives his own experience in rental property investments. Furthermore, the author breaks the monotony of reading through storytelling, illustrations, tables, figures and templates.

The Employee Millionaire is a great reference book for people who want to speed up their returns on real estate investment. This book will challenge you to go beyond your comfort zones and inspire you to leverage your regular pay to achieve financial freedom.

The Employee Millionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” Stephen King
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

Thanks for the detailed review, it really helped me to get a good overall picture of the book. I'm personally not interested in real estate, nor do I believe it's the best idea for everyone, especially if you're working with leverage. But seeing how the author actually spends a lot of time focusing on general things like analyzing your financial situation and devising a plan to reach your goals, I think the advice could easily be applied to other types of investment.
Sophy Chunge

Post by Sophy Chunge »

Tomah wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 00:10 Thanks for the detailed review, it really helped me to get a good overall picture of the book. I'm personally not interested in real estate, nor do I believe it's the best idea for everyone, especially if you're working with leverage. But seeing how the author actually spends a lot of time focusing on general things like analyzing your financial situation and devising a plan to reach your goals, I think the advice could easily be applied to other types of investment.
Thank you for reading this review and for your feedback
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” Stephen King
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

This sounds like a logical approach to what many are thinking of doing. Thank you for your thorough review!
Sophy Chunge

Post by Sophy Chunge »

allbooked+ wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 07:52 This sounds like a logical approach to what many are thinking of doing. Thank you for your thorough review!
Thank you for reading my review
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

You sure got a lot from this book just like I did. I also liked that it was interesting to read despite being voluminous. Thanks for a beautiful review.
Sophy Chunge

Post by Sophy Chunge »

Nkoo wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 13:41 You sure got a lot from this book just like I did. I also liked that it was interesting to read despite being voluminous. Thanks for a beautiful review.
Thank you for perusing my review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”