Review by AntoineOMEGA -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AntoineOMEGA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antoineomega.html
Latest Review: Poetic Inspirations by Melody D. Velez

Review by AntoineOMEGA -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by AntoineOMEGA »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery wrote Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands to share his life experience with others so that they might avoid trials like his and instead enjoy more success. The beginning of his working life started when he was 7 years old when he delivered newspapers. From there he continued to tell how he made a record company, raced bikes professionally, became a loan officer, and sold real estate. Jorge’s life was interesting to read about, with its many twists and turns that both he and others caused. Throughout this autobiography, there is valuable knowledge that I gleaned and that I think applies to everyone not just entrepreneurs like him.

I enjoyed reading this book not because it was filled with information about how to get rich but because it is full of valuable lessons taken from the author’s life. Jorge has a fascinating life full of challenges that were both self-inflicted and forced upon him. It was inspiring to read about how he took upon himself the challenge of improving deteriorating properties that had awful records. He not only repaired these challenged communities physically; he also improved the inhabitants living conditions by providing work opportunities for those who otherwise would not be hired because of their previous mistakes.

While I enjoyed the book overall, there were parts I did not find entertaining, such as the part about biking and being a loan officer. My least favorite section was about the record company and the punk bands he helped. There were some parts that made me slightly uncomfortable. It contained some profane language. Even though I didn’t enjoy certain parts as much as everything else these events did have a major impact on Jorge’s life, so they were important for him to include.

I think this is a great book to read for those who need some inspiration. Jorge welcomed challenges and overcame the trials he faced. Jorge is a great example of how to live your life. While not all his choices were wise, he learned from them and the experiences he went through shaped him as a human being. The struggles he endured helped him gain empathy for others in similar circumstances and he decided to support others so that they would not have as much difficulty as he did. I recommend you read this book if you are feeling down or if you just want a real-life adventure.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I found it intriguing to read about the author’s struggles and how he overcame them. I believe this recollection of Jorge’s life deserves 4 stars because while it would not be considered an adventure book, that is the way it felt as I was reading it. Jorge was not just a real estate agent, he was a professional biker, an entrepreneur, and a philanthropist. This book was well edited and contained very few errors. Jorge inspired me with the challenges he purposefully took on and the struggles he overcame and I think this book can inspire and help others.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”