Review by Bonnie1965 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bonnie1965
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie1965.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Bonnie1965 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Bonnie1965 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock's attempt to reconcile science with biblical events, engaged author Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon to map the order of the universe’s creation, leading to the prophetic end of times and the fulfillment of God’s divine plan for mankind. In his unique style, Friedmann linked historical events, sacred teachings, and thought-provoking time cycles, with historic connections to tackle what has been viewed as the great impasse between science and religion.

I thought the virtual journeys to different parts of the globe played a major role to underscore historical facts and stories about Jewish Rabbis, sages, and to even highlight world-renowned scientist Sir Isaac Newton’s involvement. All these men were in some way devoted to learn and unravel the mysteries of creation in relation to human existence. I appreciated these insights a great deal.

The author also used these age-old notions to overturn many stones so to speak, so as to uncover the truth - earth in the context of the universe’s creation; religious discord and the destruction it brought; the last days and the belief of the coming of the Messiah; and much more. Hence, after reading the author’s discourse, you get a sense that your overall understanding of mankind’s purpose and hope for humanity was enhanced. In my case it surely did.

There is also a chance you may not fully appreciate the author’s analyses or findings if you are a person solely fixed on biblical accounts, and are not familiar or openminded to various sacred texts or teachings. Further, Friedmann relied heavily on the Jewish perspective advanced through Kabbalistic schools of thought to bring forward lines of reasoning and plausible answers. For good reason, the author could not have ignored such key historic proponents who made their impact through their preoccupation, to intellectually speculate about aspects of our prehistoric past, our present time and appointed future. The author can also be counted with historic proponents, who in this modern-age sought to demystify the discord between science and religion.

Friedmann was right to point out that the book could not have been read in one or two sittings. I have to agree that I had to get my recollective bearings each time I had to continue reading from where I left off. This aspect can deter a reader from continuing forward, as you may feel the need to remember all the interesting details you’ve read previously. However, being fixed to work through to the end, meant referring to what I read before so as to refresh my own thoughts. Hence the book’s reading guide to assist in its navigation is a plus to address this concern. Conversely, one of the main things that propelled my interest were the stories at a chapter’s beginning which framed my mindset to further digest the basis and justification for The Biblical Clock formula.

One’s own religious beliefs may or may not limit how the book’s narrative is consumed. For instance, if you are a Christian “purest” and do not share an appreciation for other religious or spiritual perspectives, this book is not for you. For non-Jews whose focus is more on spirituality rather than on religious rights or wrongs, will find this book intriguing. Largely, The Biblical Clock is more than ideal for persons (and Christians alike), who are open to primordial belief systems, including esoteric seekers or persons who enjoy compounding their spiritual beliefs. This historically well researched and inspiring book surely deserves 4 out of 4 stars, and it is left up to the reader to agree that there is indeed congruence between science and religion.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

As a Christian I'm definitely going to give this book a read, I'm actually very excited about it. It sounds like a exceptionally interesting read and would streght my faith even more and help me answer some of my questions I have or bring about more questions
Mounce574
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 402
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mounce574.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN

Post by Mounce574 »

Christianity isn't a religion, by definition it is a spiritual belief in God. Methodists, Baptists, and Lutheran are exanples of religions that may struggle with accepting anything outside their own rules.
"I don't want to dance with the Devil
I just want to confront him at a table
And I don't need your hollow promise
I just need to look you in the eyes and tell you
You didn't help me make it"
Upchurch The Redneck

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”