Review by Stafoni -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Stafoni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stafoni.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Stafoni -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Stafoni » 09 Jul 2019, 01:04

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery memoir Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is about his life story of how he went from having the usual day-to-day childhood to becoming a successful business entrepreneur. He is very inspiring by giving us insights about his “ups” and “downs” as a business man and how he rose above and grew from those experiences.

The determination and integrity he has is truly someone to look up too. Because of how determined he was, he was able to have at least 4,000 housing apartments spread across the country within thirteen years. These places operated under his name between the years of 1992 to 2005.

After some major successes he unfortunalty started to get into some major debt. Soon after, the Great Recession of 2008 happened. Which oddly, enough helped bring him out of debt and put him back onto the road of success. Jorge P. New berry decided to use this time to help the people who could no longer afford their own debt. Even when he went through some of his most trouble some times he never sunk down to his lowest levels.

The only one bad thing that I can say about this book is that every once in a while I found tiny bits of it a little boring. Since I don’t even count this as a true negative, in my opinion this book is still deserving of a four out of four star review.

This book is truly a great read for Anyone who are in-between the ages of a mid-teenager and the retirement years. It’s a great way to show and try to get teens to understand the good and the bad in the business world. Esepecially, for the ones who just got out of high school or are about to enter into college and think this is the career path they wish to take. For the elderly that are in their retimrent years now, that might have once been entrepreneurs theirselves may be able to connect to this story on a more personal level. For those in the middle of these two age groups may just find it to be a quick and enjoyable read for them just to help pass the time. Since this is an autobiography I think only a few people under the age of fifteen will find find this book very enjoyable or insightful to read. This is most likely due to being to young to truly being able to relate to tough situations yet or not understanding how important the business world is to the economy.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”