Review by Don Pwai -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Don Pwai -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Don Pwai » 06 Jul 2019, 01:01

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Oh, how cruel life can sometimes be! The novel Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newberry is a book about lifes struggle from rags to riches and backs to rags again. The author narrates about his struggles in life and how he was determined to make it to the top. He does anything that compels him towards his dream including menial jobs to secure himself extra cash. If he could endure the burn zones, nothing was impossible. Fortunately, he makes it to the top thanks to his endurance and working beyond the burn zones. Burn Zones as used in this novel is metaphorical. It is the point in the course of a journey where a person feels like giving up when things are getting tough. However, it is those who endure the burn zones that emerge victorious. The author is one such person. Unfortunately, the author after climbing from poverty to riches falls again to poverty. He has to start all over again. He is determined to succeed for the second time. Will he make it again? Time will tell.

I really loved this book tone of narration. It has an inspiring tone straight from the onset. The author remains positive about life even when things are difficult. He is full of enthusiasm and optimism. Such overwhelming positivity made me love this book. Moreover, the author speaks from a first person perspective. Many readers will surely relate with the things he went through in life. I believe that will instil positivity in readers to endure the burn zones even when things are tough.

Secondly, I loved that this novel depicts the real society. The author in his life is trying to prove that hard work coupled with endurance of burn zones does wonders that people never imagined. He encourages readers to endure the burn zones. People who endure the burn zones ultimately emerge victorious. This is purely in line with the societal belief that hard work pays. The author in this novel stresses on the societal virtue of hard work and its importance. People must work hard beyond the burn zones to achieve success. Moreover, the things that the author went through are evident in the society and readers identify with them. This book offers a guide on how to deal with such situations. That was excellent.

This book was just interesting and inspirational. I cannot point a thing I disliked about it. I highly recommend this to persons who love reading inspirational novels. It is full of positivity and inspiration. The authors life is inspiring. On the other hand, if you are a reader who has no taste for inspirational novels, you may skip this book.

This book is exceptionally well edited and has no typographical errors. I rate it at 4 out of 4 stars. It is well packed, inspirational and has a compelling content. I had no reason to deduct a star. It was an enjoyable novel and will surely read it again in future.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”