Review by Thundershake -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Thundershake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thundershake.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by Thundershake -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Thundershake » 03 Jul 2019, 15:58

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an exceptionally interesting and inspirational autobiography heralding the life journey of a young boy from working as a newspaper deliverer to being a real estate mogul.

Growing up the boy believed in “burn zones,” which were relatively essential periods of extreme and extraordinary challenges, in which only the most skilled and fittest of people came out victorious. Otherwise, the weak would succumb and get eliminated by these burn zones. Basically the strong benefited from burn zones while the weak lost what they had gained.

Jorge recounts his tale, beginning at age seven when he managed to get a job as a newspaper delivery boy. It is his love for a good challenge that drove him to want to deliver newspapers and it is that same love for a challenge that drove him to begin his own businesses.

This book sets a mood of enthusiasm and determination from early on. It just isn’t easy for one to read and not feel compelled to take action in whatever one might want to achieve right there and then. Jorge’s life really takes off when he uses his money to buy his first business vehicle: an ice-cream bike. Already at a young age Jorge shows responsibility. And before then he had shown a great sense of decision making and bargaining.

The author flawlessly transitions from one position in his life to a higher position and then to an even riskier and higher position. All the while, his choices in this endeavor of his make the reader cheer for him and the amazing things he does. The book inspires those reading to follow Jorge’s example and also reach new heights. It also inspires people to fight and not give up on what they believe, regardless of the obstacles ahead.

Even at the times he is pushed down by his obstacles, Jorge doesn’t lose hope. He gets up and tries again, fights again. He never whines or blames others as he faces fraud accusations and poverty. He only takes time to reflect and learn from such painful periods and integrates the lessons to future situations.

Going through Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands was quite an interesting ride, a very amazing one at the least. I didn’t find anything I hated from the author’s story.

I loved the book and found that I could give it 4 out 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who could use some form of inspiration, to someone who needs a reason to start taking action.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

erinrb13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erinrb13.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by erinrb13 » 17 Jul 2019, 21:37

I was debating picking this one up and, after reading your review, I just might! Glad you enjoyed your read!

maggi3
2018 Reading Goal: 53
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Currently Reading: Out for Good
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Post by maggi3 » 17 Jul 2019, 23:12

Great review! I like that the author was able to keep moving forward and achieving his goals even when his circumstances weren’t ideal. I’ll have to keep this one in mind for when I need motivation.

Okeke Dorathy amaka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Okeke Dorathy amaka » 17 Jul 2019, 23:22

This book sets a mood of enthusiasm and determination from early on. It just isn’t easy for one to read and not feel compelled to take action in whatever one might want to achieve right and this book is all about growth a young boy selling Newspapers turns out to be an Estate mogul that’s is the power of determination and today life is all about focus help us to reach our goal or it give us the ability to strive.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”