Featured Official Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute [May 2021 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Featured Official Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute [May 2021 Book of the Month]

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute, by Jeff Meyer, unveils tools that will enable you to activate your dream and realize it. Meyer states that humans were created to live a life of service, but service could be wearisome if they don't discover their own God-given visions. Hence, he provided this book to spark unsettled ministry professionals to picture their future with the clarity necessary for actualization. Written for Christian leaders and every follower of Christ, it contains strategies that will help them to pursue and turn their dreams into reality.

Consisting of intriguing personal stories, this book is straightforward and comprehensible. It contains simple and effective exercises. Also, it provides practical questions and steps, which make it more relatable. I like the author's smooth and conversational writing style. Being an entrepreneur with an apostolic calling, Meyer reveals a lot of information that'll inspire you. Though written from a Christian point of view, nonbelievers can also benefit from the book since it has some tips that can be useful for everyone. For example, included are tips that can help you to sleep soundly for a healthy and more productive life.

In a clear way, the book discusses dream sparks and realization, as it relates to Christian consumerism, the limitations of scarcity mentality, unwavering belief, niche master, mission, feelings, writing, rhythm with your priorities, mind training, procrastination, space matters, busyness, fear, worry, distractions, change, addressing bad habits, behavior change, caution in the use of social media, and so forth.

In addition, the book discusses Enneagram, and it examines writing and editing at the same time. Meyer tells that editing while you write hinders progress and causes frustration, which kills the urge to write. Thus, he gives some exercises to help writers. This guidebook comprises many scripture verses. If you're a reader who don't like books written from a Christian perspective, I advise you to steer clear of this one. Included also are URLs for additional information.

Meyer advises readers to follow their own dreams. He tells that trying to fit into someone else's dream robs the world of your unique contribution. Therefore, it's his dream that this book will play a role in sparking a movement of dreamers.

Lastly, I rate Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute 4 out of 4 stars. It's well written, and it has interesting strategies that, if implemented, will help you to dream and actualize your dream. So, I couldn't rate it lower. It was well edited; I saw only two grammar errors. I recommend it to every Christian, Christian leaders, and anyone who wants to pursue their dream.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Thank you for this review! I should read this book. I like the note 'trying to fit into someone else's dream robs the world of your unique contribution.'
Dee_218
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-218.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Dee_218 »

What a great review. The author has reinvented such motivational style books into something that will also suite writers and other creatives. I feel like these are not often explored and included in this genre. Thank you for the recommendation.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like an interesting book. I'm curious what the exercises in the book consist of, and I am interested in the personal stories shared. Thanks so much for the information.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

This doesn't sound like an ordinary self-help inspirational book. I think there are great lessons to be learnt. Great review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The book certainly covers a wide range of topics - even how to get a good night's sleep. It sounds very motivational and practical. This is an interesting review. Thanks.
David Joe32
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by David Joe32 »

Wow thanks for this wonderful review,i learned that everybody is born with a potential and for you to actualized it you must follow your own God given vision .Thanks
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

Great review. I like the fact that this book is straightforward and clear to read, even with some thought-provoking content. This one is going on my list! Excellent job:)
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
8amaseter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by 8amaseter »

I want to try my hands on writing, so the advice of the Author discouraging editing while writing could be useful to me. Great review.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

This sounds like a book with many applications to help you take the steps necessary to make your dreams a reality. I like that it has information that can be helpful whether you are a Christian or not. I'm also interested in the advice that the author has for writers. I've tried my hand at writing but haven't had much success in accomplishing my dream of writing a novel, so this book sounds wonderfully helpful to me. Thanks for the great review!
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A guide book that helps one to find and execute his dreams sounds inspiring. Inserting personal stories, providing exercises, and other useful info make is a good guide for fans of the genre. That it was well-edited is another plus. Not for me, but I am glad you found it inspiring. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a real inspiring read for those in need; I like that the author has given writing advice, and my interest is piqued, despite not being a fan of writing with religious elements. Thanks for the review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational non-fiction self-help book that works as a guide to following one’s dreams. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. Congrats @jeffmeyer22 on the BOTD.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational non-fiction self-help book that works as a guide to following one’s dreams. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. Congrats @jeffmeyer22 on the BOTD.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Sounds like a useful self-help book for Christians. I like how the author provides questions and tips and has a simplistic way of providing the information. I think it's great that non- believers can get something out of this book as well. Thanks for the thorough review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”