Featured Official Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute [May 2021 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Re: Featured Official Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute [May 2021 Book of the Month]

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I find it interesting and helpful that the author writes about ways to help us pursue our dreams for our life. He shares tips and practical ways for us to go after our dreams. He also adds in how to include your faith in God and how your closeness with him will help to guide you through life.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I love the fact that this is a self help book with the author's own anecdotes as it makes the book seem legit and more thrilling to read. Thanks for the review.
Ayomide posh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ayomide posh »

Sounds like a useful self-help book for Christians. I like how the author provides questions and tips and has a simplistic way of providing the information. I think it's great that non- believers can get something out of this book as well. Thanks for the thorough review!
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I like that this story consists of personal stories. This makes the story more entertaining. This could be a helpful book for many people.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Mohamadu Abdulai
Currently Reading: Next Stage
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Mohamadu Abdulai »

Wow, what a great book. The author did a very great job by writing this book. It's an inspirational book to me. I love dreaming big like he said.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

In order to get through life, we sometimes need inspiration from other people's lives or accounts. This seems like one of those self help books that may help one navigate life. Thanks for your straightforward review.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

As you very correctly stated, the book contains many simple and effective tips to improve your personal skills as well as your behavioral thinking. The only downside I see in the book is overuse of religious texts to bring home what the author wants to convey. Nevertheless, your review was comprehensive and very well written. :tiphat:
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

Jeff Meyer explicitly explained what dream and execution entail. I love the fact that he used several themes, illustrations and characters to butray his facts. This book highly inspired me. The road to success is sloppy, but only the determined scale through. Great review.
BOOKNERD254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd254.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by BOOKNERD254 »

It sounds like a self-help book but with a Christian touch to it. Wow! Can't wait to read it! thank you for the wonderful review.
Mehwish Qaiser
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehwish-qaiser.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Mehwish Qaiser »

Meg98 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 23:00 Great review. I like the fact that this book is straightforward and clear to read, even with some thought-provoking content. This one is going on my list! Excellent job:)
indeed the book is quite straight forward, making it very easy to follow along with the exercises, they cover some nice topics and I like the fact that they do so using short stories. The review was wonderful, thank you :)
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

A great book and one that deeply impacted my life. I've already begun to implement the exercises into my daily routine. I hope more people check this out.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Rosemary Wright wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 07:18 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute, by Jeff Meyer, unveils tools that will enable you to activate your dream and realize it. Meyer states that humans were created to live a life of service, but service could be wearisome if they don't discover their own God-given visions. Hence, he provided this book to spark unsettled ministry professionals to picture their future with the clarity necessary for actualization. Written for Christian leaders and every follower of Christ, it contains strategies that will help them to pursue and turn their dreams into reality.

Consisting of intriguing personal stories, this book is straightforward and comprehensible. It contains simple and effective exercises. Also, it provides practical questions and steps, which make it more relatable. I like the author's smooth and conversational writing style. Being an entrepreneur with an apostolic calling, Meyer reveals a lot of information that'll inspire you. Though written from a Christian point of view, nonbelievers can also benefit from the book since it has some tips that can be useful for everyone. For example, included are tips that can help you to sleep soundly for a healthy and more productive life.

In a clear way, the book discusses dream sparks and realization, as it relates to Christian consumerism, the limitations of scarcity mentality, unwavering belief, niche master, mission, feelings, writing, rhythm with your priorities, mind training, procrastination, space matters, busyness, fear, worry, distractions, change, addressing bad habits, behavior change, caution in the use of social media, and so forth.

In addition, the book discusses Enneagram, and it examines writing and editing at the same time. Meyer tells that editing while you write hinders progress and causes frustration, which kills the urge to write. Thus, he gives some exercises to help writers. This guidebook comprises many scripture verses. If you're a reader who don't like books written from a Christian perspective, I advise you to steer clear of this one. Included also are URLs for additional information.

Meyer advises readers to follow their own dreams. He tells that trying to fit into someone else's dream robs the world of your unique contribution. Therefore, it's his dream that this book will play a role in sparking a movement of dreamers.

Lastly, I rate Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute 4 out of 4 stars. It's well written, and it has interesting strategies that, if implemented, will help you to dream and actualize your dream. So, I couldn't rate it lower. It was well edited; I saw only two grammar errors. I recommend it to every Christian, Christian leaders, and anyone who wants to pursue their dream.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
This book seems to be have some advice for a variety of audience. your review is straight forward. well done!!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Ahbed Nadir wrote: 10 May 2021, 11:47 A great book and one that deeply impacted my life. I've already begun to implement the exercises into my daily routine. I hope more people check this out.
Wow!!! that's motivating. :tiphat:
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

AbhyarnaAman wrote: 10 May 2021, 19:07
Ahbed Nadir wrote: 10 May 2021, 11:47 A great book and one that deeply impacted my life. I've already begun to implement the exercises into my daily routine. I hope more people check this out.
Wow!!! that's motivating. :tiphat:
Yes it was quite the motivating read! I believe daily application of the exercises could lead to a drastic change in one's life.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Drey McClain
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Drey McClain »

Wow what an inspiration book to read probably every Christian can read it, it has transformed my dreams

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”