Review by Maria Kozomara -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marija Kozomara
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marija-kozomara.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Maria Kozomara -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Marija Kozomara »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In my opinion, Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel is a very interesting, educational book, and the concept of the content is very well. The writer has divided the contents of the book into three parts to separate the tips about health, myths, and tricks which all of us encountered many times in life. He is a doctor with much experience, and through this book, he made a combination of his experience and facts based on scientific research.

Health Tips, as the first part of the book, are about everyday's situations in every person's life, and also about the daily habits of people and their health effects. In this part, everyone can find something new about their lifestyle, because attention focused on the positive and negative impact on health. Based on research and scientific facts, the writer provides advice on various diets that particularly practiced by women, then about of the different types of food, coffee, cigarettes, green tea, wine, energy drinks, and more similar goods, as well as the influence of habits on the health of every human being. Tips are very useful for the reader and it's certain that each of us will read something new and worth.

In the second part, Morton wrote about Myths in which people believe. In a very interesting way, including facts obtained through scientific research, explains the differences between truth and myths about human health. His advice can be applied in all parts of the world, as there are no differences in myths in which people believe, but it is useful to know if something positively affects your health and what is good to apply to yourself.

In the third segment of the book, the writer referred to various marketing tricks and scams that could cost the entire wealth, based on the habits of people who are most focused and concerned with improving the individual's health or finding a shortcut to the desired goal. This is especially important to know because campaigns are usually supported by famous personalities, sometimes even by doctors, so it's easier to believe in the story and fall victim to a scam by marketing.

I like the book Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks because it is accessible and written about interesting topics, with a lot of useful information, even well-classified. However, technically, the book is not done the best, there are many mistakes in text formatting, which negatively affects the visual effect of the reader. The text is accessible and understandable to everyone, and the book can represent a set of useful life tips for personal use. But, I think it ultimately matters how the text is organized and whether it is properly prepared for the press. I have noticed a lot of incorrections in the classification, unnecessary spacing, errors in punctuation marks, etc. The parts of the text that should have the same form have not been done in the same way. The recommendation to the author is certainly good text editing since the theme is very popular and that such a book is useful for each of us. Also, maybe the footnotes could be better during the text because if the reader wants to know more must go on the end of the book to read.

I give book 3 out of 4 stars because I think that some good book like this one has to be well edited and formatted. Also, I think this book is a good idea for more books of similar content, especially when the approach of the author is so good, and the way the theme processed is so accessible and interesting.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans!" - John Lennon 🙃🙃🙃

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”