Review by VernaVi -- Knowing He's There

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review by VernaVi -- Knowing He's There

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Knowing He's There" by Charles Sacchetti.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Knowing He's There by Charles Sacchetti is a book about faith. It begins with a story of when the author was in the military, and the chaplain had a nighttime church service with the 'alter' located on the hood of a jeep. The description of the stars on a clear night showed how the author could see God's hand in his life and surroundings. The book is organized into chapters that discuss different ways that the author recognized God's touch in his life. Each essay is persuasive in its own right, outlining the author's experiences.

I liked the chapter about the author's Uncle Mario. The stories about his time in World War II were especially significant to the book when they showed how Mario spoke about the good things he saw during that time. Reading the paper in the light of the full English moon was a treasured moment of God's blessing in an otherwise non-peaceful time.

I enjoyed this author's style of writing stories that were different from one another, while at the same time, still containing a common denominator of God's handiwork in each. I was touched by the story of how a hammer showed up after the author's father-in-law had passed on too soon to give a hammer to the new grandson. It was a small miracle for someone needing some comfort and reassurance at that moment.

What I liked the most in this book is the author's evident love and devotion to family. Family ties are the most precious on our planet, and there are those in the world who do not have them. This book shows readers a glimpse into a close-knit family environment that can't be beaten!

It was hard to find anything to dislike about this book; however, there was an instance of one story being told in Chapter 7, and then that same story being repeated briefly in Chapter 12. That said, I was pleased with the quality of this book, both in the storyline as well as the technical aspects. The formatting in this book is excellent, and it seems exceptionally well-edited.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I appreciated the direct and forthright way of delivering the unvarnished truth in each story. For these reasons, I am happily rating this book the highest rank of 4 out of 4 stars. I wish I could give it more. It is an exceptionally well-written work, relating a story that will appeal to all readers who are looking for some encouragement in their understanding of faith. It will appeal the most to readers who enjoy short stories, as each chapter in this book is a short story of its own, quickly finished in a brief amount of time. Perfect for busy people on the go! If you aren't interested in stories that mention how God touches lives in small ways, this may not be the book for you.

Knowing He's There
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”