Review by Smiley Leena -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Smiley Leena
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smiley-leena.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Smiley Leena -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Smiley Leena » 26 Jun 2019, 16:45

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If every autobiography was written this way, the world would have no need for any more inspirational books. A very engaging book, JORGE. P. NEWBERY in his book tells us that hard work pays off. It consistently does!
Burned Zones, a title I could relate to being quite determined myself. Jorge took us through the struggles he went through throughout his life. He told showed us the good moments, and he equally expressed the bad. The consistent determination is one thing I would definitely put into practice.
It's amazing how one person could determine his strengths and weaknesses and find out how they worked for and against him. Mr. Newberry absolutely didn’t let anything break him. I feel he understood even room a tender age how people change, and so he kept himself prepared.
The one thing I particularly loved about the book was the support his family gave him, it was loveable; they understood his ambition and gave everything they had to support him, everything!
It’s sad. Yet, the pain he had to go through to be successful, but at least the pain wasn’t in vain. His perseverance was amazing. The character was absolutely relatable despite his status and the challenges his faced allowed me to understand that with the just the right amount of enthusiasm, perseverance and good attitude, I could be anything I want to be even if it means delivering newspapers first.
A little self-belief could lead to a life time great breakthrough and this is another thing I realized from this book; it doesn’t matter who you are, or where you’re coming from, what's important is the passion… do you have it?
Jorge’s work ethic is definitely commending, even if the struggles he faced kept growing from wondering how he’ll preserve his ice cream to woodland meadows. Despite all his struggles, he stood, and he stood so tall.
One major part of the book was Woodland Meadows. Woodland Meadows was an epic failure for Jorge, but Woodland Meadow was an epic success for the community; it caused lives to change for better, and it inspired almost everyone who, one way or the other, was involved in it.
I rate this book 4 out of 4. I'm keeping no stars because I found no errors, and this book has given a drive, a passion and enough determination to face the most horrible situations. I feel what I least liked about the book was the way it was written, I had issues understanding it when I started, but I guess that’s what makes the book unique.
I would recommend this book for everyone who needs a drive, who needs to know that hard work would always pay in the long run. This book is definitely a must have in all homes.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”