Review by Bill_muchiri -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Bill_muchiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bill-muchiri.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Bill_muchiri -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Bill_muchiri » 24 Jun 2019, 05:40

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery narrates the story of Jorge Newbery. His ups and downs in business are highlighted throughout the entire story. His entrepreneurial journey begins at the tender age of seven when he becomes a paper boy, delivering the ‘Herald’ in the streets of Brentwood Glen. He starts his own business at eleven selling ice cream around his neighborhood. He then becomes a bus boy at age thirteen. He then starts a record company. He gets into professional cycling. He then moves to the mortgaging industry where he later starts his own mortgage company in partnership with Darin. He later ventures into the real estate world.

I like how the story has narrated of Jorge’s entrepreneurial journey, straight from when he was a young seven-year-old to when he amassed over 4,000 apartment units across the United States, resulting in a net worth in the tens of millions. This inspires the spirit of entrepreneurship in the reader.

I also like how the author has applied comic effects into the book. The author narrates that during the Sunset riots, many of the officers looked like Catholic nuns ready to mete out some discipline. Gazes narrowed, skin paled and glistened with sweat, and muscles tensed and readied to pounce. This offers some comic relief to the reader leaving their ribs aching with pain from laughter.

I also like the fact that the author narrates in full detail of how he set up his business empire. He also explains openly the source of his funds every time he ventures into a new business. This lays a good precedent for the reader to follow. One that lays bare the fact that ploughing back profits and wise money-spending habits are good practices for prosperity in business.

I also like the fact that the author has clearly pointed out how some government systems frustrate the efforts of developers. Columbus’ leadership seemed to incline towards frustrating Jorge’s efforts to reinvigorate Woodland Meadows especially after the terrible ice storm which had caused damages to a great extent. The same city whose inspectors had given Woodland Meadows a clean bill of health was now turning on him, grasping for any justification to tear it down.

I also like the fact that the book lacks any sort of grammatical errors. This shows the great diligence and workmanship that was implemented during its whole production. I never had any dislikes for the book. Kudos!

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a perfect example of exemplary book production and authorcraft. I would recommend this book to everyone at large. It’s the best book that I have read over the years.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Agnes098
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes098.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Agnes098 » 12 Jul 2019, 15:53

Seems like Jorge P. Newbery has an inspiring story to tell. A true testimony. He ventured into the corporal business at such a tender age. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”