Review by Anewday -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anewday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anewday.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Anewday -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Anewday »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As soon as I picked up this book to read it, I haven't been able to put down the autobiography. The story involves a young man who makes it big in real-estate with nothing but pure gut, determination, and instinct. He then loses it all and rises to reclaim all he lost while never relinquishing his dignity.

This is the story that dreams are made of. As you accompany Jorge P. Newbery through the emotional highs, and lows, when things don't always go as planned, you can't help but feel the pangs of despair at the pivotal moments of life when all appears hopeless.

Burn Zones beautifully portrays the journey of one man as he climbs the ladder of success with dreams in his pocket and stars in the sky, and an unending optimistic attitude of never giving up. While always finding a solution to any problem, and the right attitude with lessons learned from his youth, even losing can become winning with the right perspective and approach. I found the story inspiring (given that it seems many people fail to achieve their goals and dreams) to see someone come against the odds to reach personal success.

Newbery does an outstanding job of conveying his life in such a way as to bring the reader into his world through his talent of writing his own story and sharing from his relationships with family, friends and business associates, as well as those he encountered along the way. He is truly encouraging and an inspirational figure that gives the average person hope and aspirations to never give up.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. My reason for not giving it a four is simply because of the details to how the real estate explanations took up a little more of the book than I would like to spend time on and what I liked least about the book. This is my personal preference and others may not feel the same way. I also enjoyed reading about his desire to help others, which is a quality greatly missing from many business people and what I liked most about the book. The inclusion of his personal relationships helped to paint a complete picture of this successful businessman. I look forward to a follow-up book at some point in the future and will certainly be keeping my eyes on Jorge P. Newbery and any further adventures that he can create for himself.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”