Official Review: A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a Wor...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Renu G
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: When God Works Incognito
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: One with the Light by Jerri Curry, PhD, Author

Official Review: A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a Wor...

Post by Renu G » 05 Jun 2019, 02:13

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a World of Time" by Frank Scott and Nisa Montie.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a World of Time is a beautiful memoir written by Frank Scott and Nisa Montie. I think one comes across a book like this one only through divine providence. In a mysterious way, you may feel drawn towards it, although you need not agree with everything that the authors write.

Frank sees the body as a mere vehicle for the soul. In a rather poetic tone, he describes his “experiences” that turned into “memories,” which in turn became a “bubble of understanding.” His story shows a pattern revealing that he has a mission “to inspire and instruct all Light Beings to create the ‘Divine Melody and Harmony’ in every Heart and Mind.” The sojourner’s words are both easy and difficult to understand because they seem to have several layers/dimensions of meaning. Few or many readers may disagree with his philosophy because of their adherence to the teachings of organized religion. I read it with an open heart and mind and enjoyed it, although I wouldn’t agree with some of his concepts (e.g., reincarnation). As a mystic myself, I think there’s nothing to lose by reading this book.

Nisa clarifies that Frank’s mystical tradition is known by various names such as yogi, shaman, dervish, hermit-poet, mystic saints, and more. I agree with her because mystical experiences do have a lot in common despite some subtle differences that depend on one’s own context and the lens through which one sees reality. Frank seems to be influenced by the West as well as the East. I have noticed this among many mystics who journey towards “wholeness,” and I often wonder why.

The first chapter begins with the story of an accident after which a child remains in a coma and recovers only to feel confused about everyone’s identity. Later in life, Frank starts believing that he is a “walk-in” who took the place of another individual who left the body that was in a coma. In the subsequent chapters, the sojourner shares some of his dreams of flying and how his reflective process is far beyond his actual age. He is a contemplative and wants to discover his purpose in life. Frank has several out-of-the-body experiences, and his communication is often fifth-dimensional and beyond time. I wonder whether he means beyond “time” or “time and space.”

The rest of the book includes the memories of many strange and grace-filled events. An inner “Voice” guides the author, and he uses his abilities to bring unity, harmony, healing, and growth among the people he encounters. There are times of success as well as failure in his mission. I won’t reveal more details in this review because that may water down the delight of reading the book in the author’s own words. One is left with many open questions after reading it, which may never be resolved, e.g., Frank’s concept of “super-positioning” that is totally new to me. It is the part I enjoyed the most. These are the perennial questions that mystics are known to muse about. There is a “contrast” between one’s “local understanding” and our “broader cosmological comprehension” as sojourners. The author seems to be saying that one needs to be integrated within and without to be able to express the Higher Self.

I am pleased to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a World of Time is professionally edited, and there are hardly any errors that would affect the positive experience of reading it. It is a short and sweet book with 170 pages and an attractive presentation. The font and background of leaves enhance the reading experience by helping the reader to transcend time and space and visualize the events being described. There is nothing in it that I disliked. I recommend it to mystics philosophers, healers, and spiritual persons.

A Mystic Knower’s Sojourn in a World of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Renu G's review? Post a comment saying so!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 41
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: Scorched
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by kandscreeley » 06 Jun 2019, 09:11

I'm not much into mysticism or spirituality, so I doubt I would enjoy this book. It sounds great for those that enjoy this genre, though; it almost seems like it has a poetic feel to it. Thanks for the review.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

reneelu1998
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Little Women
Currently Reading: The Alchemyst
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by reneelu1998 » 06 Jun 2019, 10:53

This seems like an interesting concept. Sometimes I find it difficult to interpret writing like this, but based on your review, it seems like it has some worthwhile parts in it. Thanks for the well-written review!

Scarlet Nicoll
Currently Reading: Screamcatcher
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarlet-nicoll.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by Scarlet Nicoll » 07 Jun 2019, 06:32

Interesting! I found the concept peak my taste. Thank you for this candid account!

Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Wyland » 07 Jun 2019, 08:01

I find the concepts mentioned relating to mysticism and reincarnation hard to understand. I tend to think there are too subjective. Thanks for the review.

Clemens Nickleby
2019 Reading Goal: 120
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Currently Reading: The Brethren, Inside the Supreme Court
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clemens-nickleby.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Clemens Nickleby » 09 Jun 2019, 17:43

Maybe not a non-fiction book, it seems to have a lot of fantasy interwoven into the author's consciousness. My higher self must not be that high. Even so, I enjoyed reading the review.
Truth is stranger than Fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't. Mark Twain

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”