Official Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical...

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual" by Evelyn Rozier.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The most important value in life is deciding and knowing where you will spend eternity."

The Two Worlds in Which We Live: Physical and Spiritual is a Bible-based teaching narrative by Evelyn Rozier. The author explores issues such as why there is so much pain in the world and why we feel powerless to change. She explains the difference between the body and the spirit, spiritual warfare, the origin of sin, and the need for spiritual conversion through the death and resurrection of Christ. Ultimately, she assures us that God is all-knowing, holy, and righteous. He has prepared a path for us and He will prevail.

Although this 57-page study is a quick read, the author supports her thoughts with scriptures for reference, which I particularly like. Among others, she quotes from the books of Genesis, Leviticus, Matthew, Romans, Galatians, and Revelation. She addresses topics including the laws of man, the spiritual kingdom, baptism, wisdom, understanding, the Holy Spirit, new life in Christ, and prayer.

One thing I dislike is the bold type font used for all of the text; I find its overuse distracting. However, my biggest issue with the book is that it lacks editing and seemingly, even basic proofreading. By the third page of the first chapter, I counted over 30 errors. There are missing and incorrectly spelled words, but most of the errors are run-on sentences. Throughout the book, the author joins several independent clauses without regard for punctuation, making the book quite difficult to read. The following passage is a quote from the book, which illustrates the errors; the sporadic commas placed near the end do not clarify the meaning. To the contrary, one portion implies we hate our memory.

"We ask the question what will happen after I die people have many theories and beliefs about death the truth is we will live forever in heaven or in hell we are all spirit beings after the death of the human body our soul lives on in the spirit will never die, the soul is our heart the spiritual life our emotions, our personality how we love or hate our memory, our feeling of peace, where sorrow is felt, where joy is felt."

Were it not for the many errors and lack of editing, the information presented in the book would be a good Bible study for new Christians and readers wanting to learn more about spiritual warfare. Sadly, in its current state, I am unable to recommend it. I rate the book 1 out of 4 stars.

The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cecilia_L's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

The Two Worlds in which we Live Physical and Spiritual sounds great. There's much to learn on difference between the body and the spirit, spiritual warfare, the origin of sin, and the need for spiritual conversion through the death and resurrection of Christ and I will love to explore it. I love your review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Kister Bless wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 00:29 The Two Worlds in which we Live Physical and Spiritual sounds great. There's much to learn on difference between the body and the spirit, spiritual warfare, the origin of sin, and the need for spiritual conversion through the death and resurrection of Christ and I will love to explore it. I love your review.
I agree. I hope it will be edited to reach its full potential. Thanks for your comment.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow. It must be pretty bad to warrant a one star rating. It's too bad, as I know there are a lot of people that wonder about those types of things. My problem is a bit opposite from that, but it never hurts to study up on something like this. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Yikes! That is too bad about all the errors. It seems that a few rounds of editing are in order. Thanks for the honest review, though!
busisiwe5754
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-busisiwe5754.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by busisiwe5754 »

This is the kind of book I enjoy reading. Thanks for the review.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

kandscreeley wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 09:22 Wow. It must be pretty bad to warrant a one star rating. It's too bad, as I know there are a lot of people that wonder about those types of things. My problem is a bit opposite from that, but it never hurts to study up on something like this. Thanks!
Unfortunately, the poor editing made it very difficult to decipher. Thanks for your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 10:57 Yikes! That is too bad about all the errors. It seems that a few rounds of editing are in order. Thanks for the honest review, though!
Yes, I really hope so. Thank you. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

busisiwe5754 wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 17:24 This is the kind of book I enjoy reading. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for your comment. :tiphat:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This was to be a good book given that it addresses something that is very real and true to all of us. However, the number of errors is discouraging. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Kibetious wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 03:31 This was to be a good book given that it addresses something that is very real and true to all of us. However, the number of errors is discouraging. Thanks for the review.
I agree. Thanks for your comment. :tiphat:
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This sounds a bit sloppy. Well done for persevering, I'm not sure I could have.
Great review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Dee_7Reichardt
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Currently Reading: Tears and Trombones
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-7reichardt.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dee_7Reichardt »

Thank you for the review. I was curious how a book could receive a one star rating and your review justified it well. Hopefully with a bit of work this author could drastically improve the readability of the content. It sounds like she does have good intentions and referenced information to share.
phills
Currently Reading: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by phills »

"The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual"
by Evelyn Rozier
This writer connects us to the spiritual rhyme and the physical rhyme
And the references are purely spelt out. Many theologian had narrated this part and I think there is deeper knowledge behind the physical and spiritual rheam.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Bianka Walter wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 05:36 This sounds a bit sloppy. Well done for persevering, I'm not sure I could have.
Great review :)
Yes. Thanks, Bianka!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”