Official Review: Living With Alzheimer’s: A Journey...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yumnah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Living With Alzheimer’s: A Journey...

Post by yumnah »

By looking at the title "Living with Alzheimer's " I got nostalgic about my school time when we were studying Alzheimer's disease and its symtoms in class .At that time I was thinking that it's really hard for the relatives of an Alzheimer's patient to handle him and now I have read this here in this book that it's really hard for a wife to handle his husband who is suffering from such a strange disease which other people can't understand rather most of them will make fun of them because of their change in behaviour,language etc.I truly appreciate this book because it may be helpful for those who are in a condition of having an Alzheimer's patient so they will get some courage and idea of how to handle such patients.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

AD is a common condition and thus I am glad that the author put together this book to shed light on it. I would like to read it. Thanks for your review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

yumnah wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 05:53 By looking at the title "Living with Alzheimer's " I got nostalgic about my school time when we were studying Alzheimer's disease and its symtoms in class .At that time I was thinking that it's really hard for the relatives of an Alzheimer's patient to handle him and now I have read this here in this book that it's really hard for a wife to handle his husband who is suffering from such a strange disease which other people can't understand rather most of them will make fun of them because of their change in behaviour,language etc.I truly appreciate this book because it may be helpful for those who are in a condition of having an Alzheimer's patient so they will get some courage and idea of how to handle such patients.
This book helps understand the AD patient and also the responsibility of the caretaker. I hope you will have an opportunity to read the book and share it with others. Thanks for much for your comments.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Kibetious wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 08:25 AD is a common condition and thus I am glad that the author put together this book to shed light on it. I would like to read it. Thanks for your review.
I think you will have a new perspective about the disease after reading this book. Thanks for commenting.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Kyoks »

kdstrack wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 09:34
Kyoks wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 01:49 What a brave and strong character! Alzheimer's disease is one of the life threatening diseases that shock the family and friends of the one going through that tough situation. I love the author's sincerely in the writing and also the courage even when it was one of the hardest moments watching the loved one lose his life.
Besides all the information in the book, I found it to be very moving as the author talked about her husband. I hope you benefit from this book as much as I did. Thanks for the kind comments!
I have indeed learnt so much after reading the book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”