Official Review: Living With Alzheimer’s: A Journey...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Official Review: Living With Alzheimer’s: A Journey...

Post by kdstrack »

Hiruni Bhagya 81 wrote: 25 May 2019, 07:35 I've never met a person with AD before. But, it sounds like a terrible disease. It must be painful to not only the patient, but to all those who associate him or her, including the family members. I'm sure this will help the loved ones of the patients of this disease. Thanks for the great review.
The interesting thing is that the patient is aware of the disease in the beginning stages. As the disease progresses, the patient will lose awareness of what is happening. The caretaker doesn't. The book explains and gives examples of how this happens. The author does an excellent job of sharing examples and information to help readers acquire knowledge about this disease. Thanks so much for reading and commenting!
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I've always wondered how to act around a person with Alzheimer's disease. This book sounds like it can answer all of my questions about that. Thank you for letting me know about this book!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Laura Bach wrote: 26 May 2019, 04:49 I've always wondered how to act around a person with Alzheimer's disease. This book sounds like it can answer all of my questions about that. Thank you for letting me know about this book!
Understanding the disease and how it manifests are helpful in helping people with AD. The author gives helpful information on what to expect and how to handle it, especially if you are the main caregiver. I hope you will find this book to be helpful too. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Indie girl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Indie girl »

This is a very enlightening review of a book that I would very much like to read.
Alzheimer's is a disease that has ravaged both sides of
my family, so I am reading everything that provides insight into this disease.
This looks like a must-read! Thanks for a wonderful review.
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Indeed, AD is life-changing for both the person who has it and their loved ones, and it's such a great help that people like the author are willing to share their experiences and insights. Thank you for such a thoughtful review.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Indie girl wrote: 26 May 2019, 19:10 This is a very enlightening review of a book that I would very much like to read.
Alzheimer's is a disease that has ravaged both sides of
my family, so I am reading everything that provides insight into this disease.
This looks like a must-read! Thanks for a wonderful review.
I think you will find this book very helpful. I hope you will have an opportunity to read it. Thanks for commenting!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

inaramid wrote: 26 May 2019, 21:26 Indeed, AD is life-changing for both the person who has it and their loved ones, and it's such a great help that people like the author are willing to share their experiences and insights. Thank you for such a thoughtful review.
I agree. I admire the author for sharing her experiences. Thanks for stopping by!
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

It is very interesting to read about real life situations, especially when they're serious life topics of people from everyday life, and this book is about life with Alzheimer's disease.
A man can learn so much by reading other people's experiences. Thanks for an excellent review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

ivana7 wrote: 27 May 2019, 05:11 It is very interesting to read about real life situations, especially when they're serious life topics of people from everyday life, and this book is about life with Alzheimer's disease.
A man can learn so much by reading other people's experiences. Thanks for an excellent review!
The author does right in a very interesting way about her experiences. She also shares her medical knowledge from her experience as a clinician. I hope you will have a chance to read this book. It is a very well-written, informative book. Thanks for stopping by!
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like an extremely useful book. Alzheimer's unfortunately runs in my husband's family, so caring for him in the future is something I occasionally worry about. I will put this one my to read list for the future. Thanks for a great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

unamilagra wrote: 27 May 2019, 13:00 This sounds like an extremely useful book. Alzheimer's unfortunately runs in my husband's family, so caring for him in the future is something I occasionally worry about. I will put this one my to read list for the future. Thanks for a great review!
You will find plenty of useful and practical information in this book. I hope it will be a light for you and your family. Thanks so much for sharing and for commenting!
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Although i'm not too much into medical field (and had no idea of what AD was until now), this book looks interesting and helpful.thanks for the review.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 27 May 2019, 22:24 Although i'm not too much into medical field (and had no idea of what AD was until now), this book looks interesting and helpful.thanks for the review.
This book will help you learn about Alzheimer's disease (AD). I hope you will have an opportunity to read it. Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

My father-in-law had Alzheimer's disease. It was painful to watch him deteriorate from a vital man to someone who must be helped with almost everything. Then it struck my mother-in-law. That descent was even more painful for my husband because they were very close. I think I'll be giving this one a pass as it would most likely bring back very negative memories but I'm sure it would be a great resource for those currently caring for a loved one or family member with Alzheimer's disease. Thank you for the in-depth review.
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

My father-in-law had Alzheimer's disease. It was painful to watch him deteriorate from a vital man to someone who must be helped with almost everything. Then it struck my mother-in-law. That descent was even more painful for my husband because they were very close. I think I'll be giving this one a pass as it would most likely bring back very negative memories but I'm sure it would be a great resource for those currently caring for a loved one or family member with Alzheimer's disease. Thank you for the in-depth review.
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”