Review by Tduchesne -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tduchesne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tduchesne.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Tduchesne -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Tduchesne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I read The Biblical Clock and found it to be quite fascinating. I usually shy away from books like this, however, when I read the description, the author wanted to show that religion and science could be reconciled in order to calculate when life began, captured my interest. This book follows Daniel Friedmann on his journey through his research, how he uses the Bible and written works by various people of science and religion throughout history in order to provide us with his conclusions.

The author goes into great detail providing explanations and examples of written passages that have come from the very beginnings of recorded history, written and passed down from Rabbis’s, scientists and researchers and theorists. The chapters begin with a background story, a page in history for the reader to see how theorists and people of religion, those who dedicated their lives to knowledge and learning may have lived while doing their work. I was quite impressed with all of his research. There are maps and photos throughout the book that I found enjoyable and informative.

A line in the book had me curious to read till the end more than others, it was this; “Yet as a believer in the scientific method and the Bible, I felt sure they had to be reconcilable. It seemed almost impossible, though; how could you possibly bridge such a gap? Still, might there be a way, somehow, to get from merely thousands of years to billions?” once I read this particular line, I didn’t want to put it down!

The book itself is very well written and I could not find fault within the pages. It was very clear that great care was taken to lay out the ground work for each chapter. As I said before, this is not the usual type of book I read, however I enjoyed it so much that I am happy to give it a score of 4 out of 4. I liked reading how Daniel Friedmann, a scientist and a student of religion, brings both his passions and ideals together in this book. The author writes, We stand at the threshold of witnessing the Divine Plan’s conclusion with the Messianic Era. What a beautiful sentence, and this book is filled with these little gems.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Tduchesne's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

As a Christian I'm definitely going to give this book a read, I'm actually very excited about it. It sounds like a exceptionally interesting read and would streght my faith even more and help me answer some of my questions I have or bring about more questions.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”