Official Review: Marketing The Invisible by Tom Poland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Rosemary Wright
2019 Reading Goal: 72
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: Unbalanced
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Marketing The Invisible by Tom Poland

Official Review: Marketing The Invisible by Tom Poland

Post by Rosemary Wright » 10 May 2019, 08:19

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Marketing The Invisible" by Tom Poland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"It's said that nothing happens in a business until something is sold. And while that's true, nothing is sold until a lead is generated." I got that intriguing fact from Marketing The Invisible, which is written by Tom Poland. This book comprises tips that can make you successful in your business. It's written particularly for professionals offering services, advice, or software. Also, it provides information which can direct them to potential customers. In a clear way, it shows several methods which one can use to increase their value in the marketplace. According to the author, the core message of the book is "to be able to relax and fulfill your professional potential as well as enjoy the peace of mind and security that comes from an abundance of cash, you must embed multiple streams for leads within your business."

This publication is a model for generating a weekly flow of inquiries from qualified prospects. It presents step-by-step instructions which you can follow to build a complete marketing system. Being the creator of the leadosology® LeadStreams® methodology, Poland tells why marketing an invisible item of trade requires a different approach. In an engaging way, he reveals some commonly taught marketing methods that one should avoid. Again, he unveils how to maximize your revenue potential through multidirectional consultations and how to increase the quality of inquiries with AutoFilters.

Consisting of interesting personal stories and illustrations, Marketing The Invisible is fascinating and informative. The author presented his points in an interesting and sometimes, amusing way. The book is coherent and easy to read. Apart from marketing tips, it consists of great ideas for improving your book, as a consultant or coach. What l like most about it is the author's straightforward and conversational writing style. Though the pace in some parts is too fast, I still got the author's message.

Comprising seven parts, this guidebook examines topics such as preparing one's mind for lead generation magic, setting a strong foundation for lead generation, creating security of lead generation, maximizing the results of your lead generation efforts with five magnification models, maximizing one's conversions, leveraging your results through scalability, leadosology® results, and the essential infrastructure assets for effective marketing systems. It gives a lot of business ideas, so if you're a reader who doesn't appreciate business books, you may want to pass this one.

Furthermore, Poland included some URLs which will enable readers to enroll in a free five-day lead generation challenge, subscribe to his vlogs, download the full interactive ten-part Leadosology® Model, take the Leadosology® Diagnostic Challenge, interview him, connect with him on LinkedIn, and follow him on Twitter.

I rate Marketing The Invisible 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower because it's written properly, and it contains marketing advice which, if followed, will take a business to the next level. It was well edited; I noticed two wrongly written words and a missing word. I recommend it to consultants, coaches, and any businessperson experiencing marketing challenges.

Marketing The Invisible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!

Rachel Lea
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Rachel Lea » 13 May 2019, 07:50

I'm not involved in this particular type of business so the advice Poland offers doesn't really apply to me, but this does sound like a well-written and very informative book. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 49
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requeim
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Living With Alzheimer’s: A Journey Observed by Leigh Smyth, MD

Post by kdstrack » 13 May 2019, 09:59

There is a certain skill to successful marketing. This author's timely advice will certainly help many who are struggling with reaching a wider customer base. Thanks for the interesting review.

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 37
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: Scorched
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Descent of the Phoenix by Morgan Paul Cooper

Post by kandscreeley » 13 May 2019, 12:55

If I owned a business or offered services, this book sounds like it would be great to increase my customer base. I don't, though, so there really isn't any reason for me to read this now. If I do start my own business, I'll consider this. Thanks.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

SamSim
2019 Reading Goal: 120
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 5
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsim.html
Latest Review: Playing Life by Ear by Doris Markland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by SamSim » 13 May 2019, 14:08

Poland's book sounds organized, practical, relatable, and easily applicable - all necessary for a useful business book. Thanks for the thorough review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:

CyndiA1
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndia1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CyndiA1 » 16 May 2019, 20:34

I've worked in the field and taught some marketing classes. I'll have to check this out. It's always nice to have current materials whether practicing or teaching.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”