Review by Creator22 -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Creator22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creator22.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Creator22 -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Creator22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever had a vision that influenced the direction of your whole life? The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight buds from a vision the author had at the age of eight. One day, Jesus came to Haight in a vision and told him to find his true teachings and deliver them to the world. He didn’t understand how him, an eight-year-old boy who had little knowledge regarding spirituality, could do that. So, he drifted into life’s drama but deep down, he knew he had a purpose to fulfill.

The book is divided into four parts, the first one being an autobiography of sorts while the other parts delve into spirituality topics such as meditation, consciousness, and perception among others. Haight also includes health and wellness in his teachings which entail how we should eat as well as unique meditation methods that were quite intriguing. He meshes together these teachings with personal anecdotes of his daily life, his struggles, as well as his successes and with a few streaks of humor, The Unbound Soul became a great spiritual self-help book that was deep enough to leave me pondering.

I really enjoyed reading this book. At first, I was interested in knowing the author’s story following up on the vision. It was also inspiring how he managed to overcome his reading problem and even managed to read more than I did as a child. Even though I didn’t expect Haight to have a drinking problem or suicidal thoughts in his future, I thought it was interesting. His path is quite unique and intriguing as it twists from light to darkness and back to a spiritual awakening. It is a vivid picture of how real life is. The flaws, bad choices, struggles, betrayal and unconditioned love that turns darkness to light.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have a lot that I liked about the book including the message itself and the writing style. Haight presented great ideas from Bible teachings to overall health and wellness of the mind, body, and soul. He managed to touch on health and wellness in such a casual tone yet with enough emphasis to provoke action. His ideas are practical and I didn’t have to be skeptic about the flow of his path. However, there are beliefs that I might not be ready to agree with such as ‘‘Isness’’ but I am interested to check the concept in his other book ‘’Inspirience’’ where he elucidates more about it. As for grammatical or spelling errors, I didn’t see any so the book quite deserved all the stars.

This book is a great resource for people searching for spiritual awakening. As it applies to all resources in the spiritual self-help category, you need to keep an open mind when reading this book. You have to ease your hold on your own beliefs and be ready to learn so that you can cherry pick what you consider helpful. Even if you are not into spirituality as such, the author’s story might be interesting enough to capture your attention. Who knows, after that, you might consider spiritual awakening as well. This was a great read.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Creator22's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”