Review by Jacci -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jacci
2019 Reading Goal: 200
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Jacci -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci » 16 Apr 2019, 22:54

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight is a self-help book both on spiritual and physical matters. A spiritual awaking to meet the frequency of harmony endeavor with martial arts techniques. This book is suited to a person who likes a memoir, particularly in the spiritual aspect.

Richard went to Tokyo, Japan, in pursuit of his new martial art wish, which is Aikido. He engaged in a vision quest somewhere in the US and motivated to go on Amazon for attaining wisdom. He had a vision in his Amazon tour that was led by an Actruar tribe. This journey partly the start of his spiritual awakening.

Throwback, Richard is a Californian boy and enjoyed playing childhood games as a typical child do. As early as 8 years old, he had an unusual dream of Jesus Christ after salvation was introduced to him by Mrs. Pacetti. He was excited to share Jesus Christ with his family. Discussion began. He had a series of dreams with the same scenario about Jesus Christ; awaken and felt helpless because his last dream was different. He promised to follow Jesus command in his dream. His spiritual journey begins, which made him so excited to do it immediately. What was the command that even a little boy diligently obeying Jesus?

This book captivates me because of dreams for sometimes I believe in my dreams, too like Richard. I can relate to the author's feeling in his dreams, visions and long life quest of spiritual enlightenment. I believe that each person had a different spiritual journey and promises to God. The only barrier was the daily pressure like family, workloads and sometimes friends.

I like that the author gives emphasis on the frequency of harmony to focus on a goal. He provided tips to begin with the spectrum of harmonies such as his Warrior's Meditation and Dance to Self. I'm a bit disagree on Dance to Self every day, it seems so weird because I'm not used to dancing. My husband and children might raise their brows and will get puzzled if I do so. Maybe, dancers will like it; I will also recommend it to them for I know they will love it.

I appreciate that the author explained and have some example in solving negative energy, which is the main source of disharmony. I understand how the mind works powerfully in cognitive with our daily activities; attracting positive energy matters only on the mind.

Partly, the book is also educational on the area of culture, customs and lifestyle in Tokyo, Japan, and in the Actuar tribe of Amazons. Tokyo is also the busiest city, but their food eating habit is quite amazing. I was in awe as well knowing the simple source of joy in the Actuar tribe each morning. They don't have a television to talk with current events, but the tribe has a unique story while mesmerizing their morning.

I love the book's settings and arrangement of storylines, too; it is written well. The author's martial arts' memoir twirled with his spiritual unfoldment is very descriptive; easy to understand. I'm not lost between his spiritual journey and his martial arts enthusiasm, which makes me rate this book perfectly 4 out of 4 stars.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jacci's review? Post a comment saying so!
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:

jeminah28
2019 Reading Goal: 5
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 240
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeminah28.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by jeminah28 » 19 Apr 2019, 04:11

Nice catch for a dreamer.
"Reading never stops even if there is an ending."
_jem_

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Three Graves by Zack Kaplan

Post by Prisallen » 03 May 2019, 10:55

This sounds like a very inspirational and interesting book. I enjoyed reading your review - thank you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”