Review by Harzelryan -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Harzelryan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Harzelryan -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Harzelryan » 14 Apr 2019, 13:44

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul: A Spiritual Memoir for Personal Transformation and Enlightenment is a book written by Richard L. Haight as a self-help book for those looking for spiritual awakening. Haight experienced a strange dream where he met Jesus. Jesus told him to find his bones for they were the core of his teachings and Haight made Jesus a promise. Haight began on a journey to fulfil the promise. This encounter changed the course of his entire life.

The book is divided into four parts. In the first part, the author tells his personal story and what propelled him to write his story. He started his journey at a very young age and as he grew older he travelled to Amazon and Japan where he learnt and also taught. On his journey, he experienced more spiritual encounters and he Later travelled back to the USA where he was needed. The second part talks about the path to enlightenment and it mainly focuses on turning into one’s consciousness through our own awareness. The third gives ideas of caring for the mind and the body in our daily unfoldment. It talks about how one’s perception can change their lives and let go of blames. The last part is about soul and spirit and how they function.

The reason why I really like the book is that it gives various tips on things like diet (what to and not to eat), exercise, meditation, and various other lessons which are worth implementing. He also shared its benefits in both religious and secular perspective. The book is easy to read and follow for anyone including non-religious persons. The book is about sharing of experience but not convincing people about religious beliefs.

The author also talked about reincarnation which isn’t part of the teachings in other religions but mostly believed by those who don’t believe in God, Heaven, and Hell. This is the reason why I dislike the book since it brings a conflicted relationship between those who believe and those who don’t. To the author, everyone has his/her own opinion about spiritualism which to him is taking the teachings and implementing them according to oneself. The book might have different teachings about spirituality but it has lessons for everyone where you’ll take what you need and apply it to your own life.

The book had a very nice flow with its main message clearly portrayed. I found little to no grammatical and spelling errors giving an impression that it was professionally edited. I will give The Unbound Soul a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it offers teachings to everyone no matter what you believe in. One has not to agree with every author's opinion. I will, therefore, recommend it to everyone who likes reading self-help and spiritual books, and to those who need spiritual guidance.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Harzelryan's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”