Review by IamShing -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Review by IamShing -- The Biblical Clock

Post by IamShing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For many centuries' humanity questioned the origin of the universe. Some, if not all, relied on the pages of the holy bible with the hope that they might finally find answers while others tested almost every little matter with hypothesis, science and technology to prove how something was created from something.

Faith is the most powerful weapon a great believer of God have because he, for most of his life worshiped his creator’s paradise. From birth, mother & father told him about Adam & Eve and it continued in his youth up to maturity. His religion might taught him something but, is it enough to stop his mind from wondering? On the other hand, science is said to be the master of all things because it can provide exact answers through research, calculation, and experimentation. Non-believers who seek for answers relied their heart into it for they believe that facts are better than myths. Since the beginning of time, these two elements seemed to be in tight controversy and rivalry.

Engineering Physicist, Daniel Friedmann and professional writer, editor, and researcher Dania Sheldon collaborated their genius in The Biblical Clock. The two authors proved that two minds are better than one as they laid scientific facts as well as biblical verses to support both religious and scientific assumption. They divided the book into three parts with the aim to reveal ancient thinking regarding the creation of the universe, contrive recorded history context & patterns, and explain the connection of science & scripture into symbiotic resonance.

The novel encourages people to believe in the creator even for people with the littlest faith. Friedmann and Sheldon intelligently gave accurate and clear answers to the longest running battle between religion and science. Also, they wisely retorted upon the question about the evolution of mankind. At first, I thought this will be a boring read mostly providing bible verses and old sayings found in the bible but, I was impressed as I turned the pages because the authors didn’t forget to justify every assumption in both religion and science. In addition, the texts were obviously well-edited which added up an additional score, because of that I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Anyone could really enjoy the book since it is violent-free, absolutely no nudity nor adult content found, and no vulgar language however, I believe everyone has different reading preferences. So, I recommend the book to those who love non-fiction genre as well as to those who are currently in seek for their souls. The Biblical Clock will surely widen your insight on faith and will take away your confusion.

Friedmann also authored The Genesis One Code and The Broken Gift.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like IamShing's review? Post a comment saying so!
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Janelle Juncos
Favorite Book: The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelle-juncos.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Janelle Juncos »

It sounds very interesting. So am I understanding you correctly in that it's a scientific argument for divine creation?
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Project Evelyn by J.C. Lahoe

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounds like one that any Christian should have. I definitely would like to add it to my list of books to read. Thank you for a wonderful review!
IamShing

Post by IamShing »

Janelle Juncos wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 20:26 It sounds very interesting. So am I understanding you correctly in that it's a scientific argument for divine creation?

Yes it is.. Both of the authors used scientific data to reason out their arguments. They are really good at it. You should try and read it.
IamShing

Post by IamShing »

Prisallen wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 22:44 This book sounds like one that any Christian should have. I definitely would like to add it to my list of books to read. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Thanks in return for your positive feedback. Yup, it is. You will be able to understand the creation of the world better once you finisb reading the material. Enjoy!
Anthony__
2021 Reading Goal: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 324
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes

Post by Anthony__ »

I have read this book. Its very informative, I love the calculation aspect as well. However, I rated 3 out 4 because of somethings I did not agree with. Thanks for the review!
IamShing

Post by IamShing »

Anthony__ wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 10:19 I have read this book. Its very informative, I love the calculation aspect as well. However, I rated 3 out 4 because of somethings I did not agree with. Thanks for the review!
I respect your opinion. Thanks in return for an honest feedback.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Bedside Manners by Claude L. Delaverdac,D.O.

Post by Fazzier »

I like the fact that the authors treat religion and science as complementary rather than antagonistic. Many scientists don't, that's why I think I might enjoy this book. Thank you for giving us an overview!
IamShing

Post by IamShing »

Fazzier wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 01:50 I like the fact that the authors treat religion and science as complementary rather than antagonistic. Many scientists don't, that's why I think I might enjoy this book. Thank you for giving us an overview!
You are welcome. And yes, that's the best technique they had used. Thanks in return for the feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”