Review by Kat H -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kat H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-h.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Review by Kat H -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Kat H » 12 Apr 2019, 21:53

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

BOOK REVIEW of: Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure, by Sylvie Beljanski
SUMMARY and REVIEW by Kat H, April 12, 2019

Follow the compelling journey of a father and mother team of molecular biology scientists who worked together for 49 years on one modern-day cancer research breakthrough after another starting in 1949, only to have their life's work nearly destroyed by corrupt governmental powers in the 1990s. Their daughter, Sylvie Beljanski, the author of this non-fiction masterpiece, went through incredible efforts and sacrifices herself in reviving her father's legacy for the past 20 years, and is still in the process of clearing his name. The result is the miraculous completion of the book, Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure.

This story will most certainly touch every human being, friend, or relative at some point in their lives with the resources to extend and save lives from not only several cancers, but other thought-to-be incurable diseases as well. I can't praise Sylvie Beljanski enough for bringing it to the public! The discoveries her father made at the DNA level were ground-breaking and revolutionary thinking for his time. Born in America while her father was in a fellowship in New York, Sylvie was blessed with a dual citizenship in both France and the U.S.A. Much of her childhood was spent with her paternal grandparents in France. Therefore, she didn't realize the importance of her parents' work in the biological sciences field. After she graduated as a lawyer in France, she was accepted to a law firm in New York. It was while she was working in New York that she received the fateful call from her mother; her father's laboratory had been ransacked and shut down by a greedy and corrupt French government.

Sylvie's credibility is verified and believable in the numerous contacts she rekindled within her father's scientific and medical field professionals, as well as testimonials from grateful patients. To bring her story current, if the reader isn't riveted enough by her father's painful challenges in his otherwise courageous battle, it is certainly an eye-opener at least. Learning of the accumulation of toxins in today's world that contribute to many diseases brings a new sense of urgency to having available Dr. Beljanski's scientific breakthroughs. Their story of encouragements and more than their share of setbacks were endured by both father and daughter. With all the precision and skill of a lawyer, Sylvie presented her exhaustive evidence to clear her father's name and possibly even establish him as worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize for his contributions to benefit all of humanity.

It is my opinion that this book is most likely professionally edited. I scored it as 4 out of 4 stars. Since the author's first language is French, I am impressed with the level of fluency in both French and English that she must have had to be able to mediate in more than two countries to access the information and materials needed to achieve her goals. In telling her father's story, it was necessary and brilliant to punctuate the work with just enough technical writings throughout to give a high level of credibility and hope for those counting on Dr. Beljanski's discoveries being real and effective.

In the book, Winning the War on Cancer, the audience that would be most interested would be those with a passion for effective natural remedies for cancer and other diseases with no side effects. Specific audiences that I suspect may not enjoy reading this book are those who are not fans of health-related matters or technical reading. However, in a life and death situation and in need of knowing these options, others may find this book a resource for encouragement and support. Sylvie's book educates the reader in the history of cancer research and points out where the current cancer research stands. Sylvie included excerpts from the Beljanski family's life that reveal their collective perseverance came at great cost, all for an eventual better outcome.

What I most liked about reading Winning the War on Cancer:The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure, was author Sylvie Beljanski's ability to weave her theme like an intricately crocheted thread from beginning to end, never wavering in her convictions. The professionalism of her transitions from chapter to chapter propelled me to continue reading. If she had any second thoughts in continuing this difficult journey, they were immediately negated when new evidence provided her the necessary momentum to keep going. Dr. Beljanski's discoveries must not be buried because of the greed of those who opposed him. I also was deeply touched by her gradual new sensitivity to her parents as their story unfolded. Each revelation became a long-needed understanding and healing, erasing her childhood resentment of their lack of time spent with her. Instead, her research became a labor of love. I appreciated that she credited her mother, Monique, with her valuable insight and memory of her work with Dr. Beljanski, without which there would have been a great void in the story the world must hear. It was incredible to me that in her pursuit to piece together her father's history, she stumbled upon his greatness! (She had to have just sat in speechless awe at that realization.) In spite of his dire illness by then, I was especially touched by her observation during the last time she saw him: She was encouraged to see that "the fire in his eyes" was still there. It was unthinkable that his government denied him the use of his own cure that had helped so many with a similar illness. At this point, through the process of reading her book, Sylvie has endeared me to share her passion. I had to find out the whole rest of the story. I'm sure you will agree as you continue to read each riveting chapter. It is difficult for me to choose a part of the book I dislike the most, as excellent as it is. The only parts that slowed me down a little bit were the technical writing areas. I do realize though, that they were needed, supporting the basic structures of her claims.

In conclusion, author Sylvie Beljanski has brought (with her enduring promise to her father) the establishment of The Beljanski Foundation, a living, breathing "Phoenix," rising out of the ashes. There are many nuggets of wisdom ready to be discovered within the Beljanski legacy. The Book, Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure is well worth reading!

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kat H's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”