Review by cyanirerivera -- Beneath the Muscle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cyanirerivera
Currently Reading: Soulscape
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyanirerivera.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Review by cyanirerivera -- Beneath the Muscle

Post by cyanirerivera »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Beneath the Muscle" by Lauren Powers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I would rate Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers 4 out of 4 stars. Beneath the Muscle is about the life of Lauren Powers-a heavy weight body building champion, actress, and fitness model. The content in this book keeps you engaged from beginning to end and thereafter. Lauren Powers is very fascinating, relatable, and inspirational. She lives and shares a pioneering message throughout this book. After reading this book you will feel like you know Lauren without having actually met her.

Beneath the Muscle sucks you in. There is much excitement, as she makes a lot of breakthroughs in the face of adversity. This engages you because you want to see how Lauren makes these breakthroughs so you can do the same. Additionally the book is fearlessly written as it also shares Lauren Powers’ rough moments making her very relatable. There is no façade of instant perfection here but a story of someone who puts in the work and deserves the successful outcomes as a result. More wonderfully is the resilience she brings, which you see as you read, because she turns all difficult moments into positive ones by learning the lessons life brings her, even if they are not easy.

Lauren Powers remains true to a very pioneering message in her life. Every moment of Lauren’s life promotes the importance of being yourself, even if it’s not the usual mold. The book reminds you of this fact but also includes real lived moments by Lauren of when she stays true to who she is, even when it may be unclear to others because it’s not the standard. Most importantly she succeeds time and time again for doing so, which is extremely inspirational. More interestingly, the book also shares with you, moments when Lauren doesn’t live to her true self and what that’s like as well. This boldness is really helpful because it shows you, so you can understand what life can be like if you’re not true to yourself. What’s more impressionable than that?

My favorite part of this book is the workbook it includes where you can personally create a plan to accomplish your goals. This workbook keeps you engaged even after you are done reading Lauren’s story. It’s empowering! Another delightful thing about this book, which I love is its’ honesty throughout. There is nothing that I don’t like about this book, it’s fantastic!

I think this book would most appeal to fitness enthusiasts and females. Overall I think this book is a great read for any audience though, due to its’ message that you should not fear being unique. It shows you what life is like when you don’t follow a path that is according to your true self. Best of all it shows you what life is like when you do follow your true self. It inspires you to define your own true self and bring that person to life for the world to know.

Beneath the Muscle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cyanirerivera's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”