Review by Shanna29 -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Shanna29
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading: Invisible Me
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Review by Shanna29 -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Shanna29 » 01 Apr 2019, 13:20

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All good books have something to offer or the ability to change something in you. This is definitely one such book that has the ability to change your perspective towards life. The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight is an inspiring book on spiritual awakening and transformation. It has a lot to offer not only about spirituality, but also about how we live our life, food, exercise, and positivity in relationships.

This self-help book is organized into four parts. The first part is about the author’s personal life. The experiences and dreams he had as a child and as a growing teenager that paved his path towards spirituality and the introduction of Isness Inspirience. In the second part, the author discusses the difference between mind and conscious. He also introduces forms of meditation, prayer, and chanting. The third part addresses the student-teacher relationship, finding inspiration, the importance of exercise, food, accepting and understanding your body, mind, and relationships. In the fourth part, the author discusses soul and spirit, addictions, reincarnation, abyss experiences, unconditional love and the answer to finding the bones of Christ.

His journey towards spirituality began when the author dreamt about Jesus Christ asking him to find his bones. From his childhood, he was on a quest to find out, how he can help Jesus find his bones and lastly the book concludes with the answers. I knew the book would give me information on spirituality. However, it gave me answers to some questions I had in life. I did not read the book with any plan or purpose to obtain answers. However, I am thrilled and surprised to say that I did found some answers.

I loved the author's writing style. It has simplicity, honesty, and humor. When I started reading the book, I did not believe in it completely. However, gradually when I read the author's experiences, the events that occurred in his life, I couldn't doubt anymore. This book is an honest work of the author's quest for spiritual awakening and the experiences he had in his life. I loved the author's interpretation of the Bible stories and parables. I certainly agree and would like to follow the author's advice on exercise and food. Also, there were quite a few things to take away from the book and reflect in our life like the author's view on destructive addiction, relationships, and the habit of quitting.

The author has respected all religions in this book. However, there is more inclination towards Christianity and Buddhism. I believe readers with an open mind will enjoy reading this book. Not everyone will agree or believe in some of the things that the author has mentioned especially about the re-incarnation, soul and spirit, and mystical experiences. This book will not be of interest for those who are not into spiritual books, religious topics, and self-help guides. However, I would advise giving this book a read. This book has valuable information for everyone. It is professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as I enjoyed reading this book and found immense knowledge to implement in my life.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shanna29's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”