Official Review: Pathway to Profits

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Pathway to Profits

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pathway to Profits" by Ken "Mr. Biz" Wentworth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pathway to Profits, by Ken "Mr. Biz" Wentworth, provides unique information on how to run a small business efficiently. It's for businesspeople who want answers to the following questions: "Do you work too many hours? Are you happy with the money you make for the hours you work? Do cash flow struggles keep you awake at night? Does your business cause you to miss family events? Is getting your company to the next level a regular concern? Are you wondering how you can make it work?" In an engaging manner, this guidebook offers solutions to the problems small business owners often encounter.

Using real-world examples, Wentworth shows how a businessperson can increase their revenue, budget effectively, minimize cash collection problems to improve cash flow, and manage vendors for better pricing. He highlights what to expect when one is financing and the external risks involved in a small business. Also, he reveals ways to hire competent people faster. He provides some DIY tips and gives some clear guidelines for creating a risk management plan.

I like this manual because it's readable and straightforward. It's written in a conversational tone. As I was reading, I felt as if Wentworth was speaking in front of me. Unlike some other authors of business books, he did not just provide tips; he taught. The book is like a blackboard on which he wrote and delivered his topics. Comprising 202 pages and 10 chapters, it has a lot of helpful information for small business owners like myself. I'm glad I read it because it taught me some new things, such as "a businessperson should not compromise anything that will impact their employees or customers negatively." Moreover, it contains footnotes with URLs, which will enable readers get additional information.

Pathway to Profits presents steps to optimize vendor relationships and ways to maintain financial stability. Honestly, there was nothing displeasing about this book. It's intriguing and enlightening. Nonetheless, I advise readers who don't like reading business books to skip it, to avoid getting bored while reading.

In conclusion, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It doesn't deserve less because it offers essential business solutions in a simple manner. It's concise and appealing. Besides, it was well edited; I noticed just one grammatical error. I recommend it to businespeople seeking ways to improve their businesses and look forward to reading the second volume, which is Pathway to More Profits. According to the author, it'll be released in early 2020.

Pathway to Profits
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This book sounds helpful and well-organized. I'm just not sure I would make a great businessperson, nor do I really have an interest in it. So, I'll probably pass. However, it sounds helpful for those with that kind of knack. Thanks so much.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

Think I know a person who might appreciate this, but it's not really for me. Thanks for the review!
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

I like that the author made the book readable for people at all levels of business experience.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

A good book for anyone who has a business or intends to start one. Thanks for the great review.
chiadeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiadeer.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by chiadeer »

Thanks for the review. I look forward to reading it. My husband and I have owned a few small businesses and there is always room for improvement. I like that it was written in a conversational tone. Some business books can be pretty dry or too much info packed into it to really digest.
Anjali+1
Favorite Book: The Last City of America
Currently Reading: The Survival of the Richest
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-1.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anjali+1 »

Helpful and honest review just like the book! Being a commerce student, the book would be really helpful to me. I will surely try to read it as soon as possible.
Thanks for your review :tiphat:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0741572106 »

The book has good information on how to developed small business that has good ideas. i like the conversation of the book which is straight forward to the business and each level of the topic has astrong information of business
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This would be a good book to read for anyone who has a business they would like to improve. However, it is not for me. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the author's approach of teaching. His documentation with footnotes is also helpful. This sounds like an informative and motivational read. Thanks.
Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ »

True .most business novels are none relatable tips which make you end up getting bored as a reader. Great review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I love the title of the book, and I was pleased that you found the teaching relatable. I have been involved in small businesses in the past, so I am sure I would be able to empathize with many of the concepts. Great Review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”