Review by Krishnapriya Sev -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Krishnapriya Sev
Currently Reading: Twisted thread
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnapriya-sev.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Review by Krishnapriya Sev -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Krishnapriya Sev » 29 Mar 2019, 21:12

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is an autobiography and instructional book. The author shares a wide range of illuminating stories of the spiritual visions and insights he has experienced from childhood to adulthood. Haight’s teachings are not to be applied only in a special setting but more as a way to live in the world. This is a must read for anyone searching to explore spirituality. This book encourage the reader to become aware of the differences between our consciousness and our minds. If we pay attention to our thought processes we will be free from our own sufferings.

Throughout the book, Haight describes several visions he experienced in points in his life. In the first vision Haight had as a young boy, Jesus told him to essence of Jesus’ teachings and give it back to the world “Find my bones, for they are the core of my teaching”. Haight then began his quest.

This is one of those self-help book that the outcome depends on the person reading it. I am very impressed that Haight struggled with a learning disorder growing up and was able to make so much progress as an adult to not only pen a book, but one with this much depth. It was definitely an interesting read.

He has provided detailed, objective descriptions of what he went through, what he gained and what didn’t work from each technique he has tried. I highly recommend the Observation Meditation and the Dance of Self. They are simple, effective techniques that will help you know and understand yourself better while teaching you an easy method for removing unhealthy energy from your body.

“The soul within constantly draws to the individual the perfect opportunity for balancing through the situations, events, and relationships of life. Our attitude toward these things either bind us or frees us”.
“Remember, there is no shame in crying, but when the tears are over, get back up and start moving again. Just get back up”. These are my most favorite quotes in this book.

To feel one with Isness became his goal. “Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.”

Overall I was both deeply inspired and awed by The Unbound Soul. I liked that the author relays his content in such an authentic, soulful way. He provides many tools and insights to nurture our special being. Life is joy, and life is work, there is no sugar coating here. He encourages the reader to try something new.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to students of comparative religion and those who interested in New Age teachings. This book is really inspiring and refreshing to the mind. If you are interested in growing your peace and harmony, buy this book, read it, practice every day and share the path to unconditional love, the bare bones of all religions.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Krishnapriya Sev's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”