Review by Feliceness -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Feliceness
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feliceness.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Review by Feliceness -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Feliceness » 26 Mar 2019, 16:56

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you have read or are planning to read The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment, 3rd Edition by Richard L. Haight, it must be time in your life for change.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There are many books written about spiritual enlightenment. I’m sure each has its own pathway to draw a reader and show how to become more spiritually aware. I'm not saying that The Unbound Soul is the be all end all of these types of books. I’m saying, it’s not only a good read, but it does a well rounded job of doing what its title suggest it’s meant to do. It is a helpful nonfiction guide book for anyone on the road searching for answers, advice, and suggestions to spiritual awakening.

The first part of Haight’s book journey is biographical. It expresses the story of his life; the beginning of his own personal journey to enlightenment and transformation. It introduces you to his state of being, and the paths that lead him to writing the book. The reader gets an idea of who Richard Haight is from childhood to adulthood. Part two is a guide to teaching. Richard shares the principles and practices that he learned along the way. These ideals are easy to understand and give each reader room to accept them or to reject them. Part three is a guide to physical, mental, and emotional well being. These ideals too, can be accepted or rejected. Part four brings the book full circle with the processes of spiritual well being and unconditioned love.

All of his ideals can be shaped for each person’s individual growth, as long as you are being honest with yourself, the life you lead, and want to change or grow spiritually. You don’t have to agree with every his word, you don’t have to have a vision or move to Japan, and you don’t have to be a sensei. You can sit still a moment, away from life's distractions. Take your own journey to finding out who you are, who you want to be, and what you want to do with your life. It can be hard ongoing work, but worth it, if that's what’s important to you right now. The realization of who you truly are inside could itself inspire the need for change.

The Unbound Soul guides you to transformation and enlightenment in yourself; and how they can continue to expand if you allow them to.

Everyone has a path in their journey through life. No one’s path will be the same. What hit home with Richard’s book was that he didn’t pretend to be righteous, perfect, and all knowing. He left room for expansion and learning. He shared his own personal pain, flaws, and mistakes; some which took some time to heal and move on from.

Each time I had a question or was skeptical about the direction he was leading to, the question would be answered or room for my own personal interpretation was granted. The book is Haight’s personal journey. He doesn’t tell the reader to follow him. He gives suggestions, and shares what his path is and how he continues to stay open to new understanding.

Richard Haight does not have all the answers. He has answers from his own perspectives and his own questions, he continues to explore. The book helps a reader break down their own personal journey.

If this is a path you need to be on right now, The Unbound Soul does not leave you at a fork in the road. It shows you steps leading to your own choices to being your best spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical self without half stepping or sugar coating ideals.

The book is clear and well edited for the reader. This 3rd edition provides answers to questions asked by readers from previous editions, more detail fine tuning subjects of previous editions, as well as two additional chapters of new enlightenment and understanding. He gives good examples from stories of his life, provides pictures, a glossary, an appendix, and useful resources for more information.

I’m sure Richard’s journey and learning will continue to expand. I would be interested to see what he shares next on his path.

Reading The Unbound Soul was a fulfilling “Inspirience”. It is a rejuvenating visionary guide book readers can refer to again and again.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Feliceness's review? Post a comment saying so!
:reading-6: Feliceness Means Happiness

Dragonsend
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 350
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by Dragonsend » 12 Apr 2019, 10:48

Thank you for your review, I enjoyed this book as well and I agree that his teachings do in fact lead you but also leaves room for your own interpretation. W very thorough review. :tiphat:
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”