Review by janelwhite -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
janelwhite
2019 Reading Goal: 22
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 31
Currently Reading: A Police Action
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelwhite.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00C5W16B8

Review by janelwhite -- The Unbound Soul

Post by janelwhite » 24 Mar 2019, 13:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you contemplated the purpose of your life? The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight is a personal account of his search for purpose. This book is a rendition of the personal journey he has experienced. Haight discusses his spiritual journey and the theories he has developed that relate to spiritual growth, emotional health, religion, and mindfulness. This is a very personal reflection of a life of growth through challenges and experiences.

At first, I wondered if this book was simply an attempt to promote a religious view. I found that it was a mix of a story of growth, a spiritual revelation, and a personal philosophy. As a Christian, I found his desire to seek a purpose in life coincides with my views. His desire to pursue a spiritual journey was identifiable, no matter the religious view.

This book reads like an autobiography and an instruction manual. Haight begins by sharing that early in his life he had a vision. This vision is the foundation for this personal narrative and the anchor for which his journeys begin. Haight writes this book in four parts. It begins with a description of how he starts his spiritual quest as a young boy and the vision he sees. In part two he shares a detailed description of meditation techniques. In part three he describes how to care for the physical body and tune into your totality. In part four Haight shares his view on unconditional love and the reality of it in the world today.

This non-fiction book will appeal to anyone seeking personal enlightenment or one who enjoys a tale of personal growth. The Unbound Soul is an enjoyable read even for those who do not care to follow his philosophies. Richard Haight writes candidly about his life and his experience of growth will appeal to anyone who enjoys an honestly written story. Reading about another person’s struggles and triumphs is very inspiring. You will be motivated to take a look at your own life and reflect on spiritual and personal growth.

This book will inspire you to embark on your own quest for a better self. I give The Unbound Soul 4 out of 4 stars. The writing was well done and I noticed minor errors. I liked most the honesty with which the author writes. I found it commendable that the author lives the principles he teaches. I could not find anything I disliked about this book. I recommend this book as a great read from a dedicated author.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like janelwhite's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”