Review by Mr Benji -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Review by Mr Benji -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Mr Benji »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Most patients do not realize a simple fact: health can be improved without drugs. The book, Happy Healing, is written by a psychotherapist, Dominique Bourlet. In one of his sessions with a patient, he devised a healing method known as the Happy Healing protocol, based on the philosophy of love.

Unlike in orthodox practice, where the focus is on the quick relief of the symptom, the Happy Healing protocol is designed to heal the negative feelings felt during illness. This depressing period—usually characterized by fears, loss of appetite, and worries—further breaks down the immune system. Not only is the body system weakened but also the psyche of the patient is altered.

The procedure is divided into two inter-dependent phases. The first phase enables the patients to diagnose the source of their pain without the use of machines. The second phase shows the patient what to do to the negative feelings experienced in this period. The technique is not a quick fix as some alternative medicine claims but a healing process that must be undergo in sessions.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the direct approach and emotional relief it can have on the mind. Even though Happy Healing protocol is a self –healing method, it should not be practiced except under the direction of a professional therapist, preferably a psychotherapist. He or she will be able to monitor the patients to ensure that they do not exceed their limits. Therefore, the book is recommended for an experienced therapist who would be able to determine the type of patients this technique can work for effectively.

Moreover, I like the fact that the author doesn’t promise an instant healing, but instead he presents a strategy of changing the negative attitudes towards the ailing body. Also, the knowledge of this technique will boost the skills of licensed therapists.

On the other hand, Happy Healing technique is not intended for patients with a history of mental illness as it might lead to hallucinations during the second phase. This limitation could be due to the extended sessions of communication-since the patients are expected to relate with any part of their body as a personality. Lastly, the book is well edited since I noticed a few grammatical errors while reading. Thus, I commend the author for this extra effort. Apart from the limitation above, I find no fault with the technique.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mr Benji's review? Post a comment saying so!
Books are lovely.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Nice review! A book about self –healing method sounds helpful,especially for therapists.

I don't read the genre, but I am glad you enjoyed it. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Incredible review. I like how the author encourage his patients to embrace pain and treat it as a friend and not the enemy. The book also has some interesting and helpful facts regarding the treatment method of Lady pain. I enjoyed reading the book too.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

Nerea wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 23:40 Incredible review. I like how the author encourage his patients to embrace pain and treat it as a friend and not the enemy. The book also has some interesting and helpful facts regarding the treatment method of Lady pain. I enjoyed reading the book too.

I'm glad you seen the benefits of " the embracing pain and treat as a friend". Because that's the key to good health.

Thanks alot for your wonderful comment.
Books are lovely.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

gali wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 22:30 Nice review! A book about self –healing method sounds helpful,especially for therapists.

I don't read the genre, but I am glad you enjoyed it. :tiphat:
Indeed, it was great seeing how a method of self healing could be practiced without a single medical equipment.

Thank you for your nice comment.
Books are lovely.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I agree that most people aren't aware that there are many approaches to healing that don't require drugs. I think it's empowering to know all the choices we have regarding our health. I reviewed this book too and it was very interesting to read your perspective, thank you.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

Lunastella wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:29 I agree that most people aren't aware that there are many approaches to healing that don't require drugs. I think it's empowering to know all the choices we have regarding our health. I reviewed this book too and it was very interesting to read your perspective, thank you.

I'm glad you find it "interesting" too.

Thank you for your nice commitments.
Books are lovely.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I was tempted to buy this book for myself until I saw your statement that it was meant for professional therapists. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

Prisallen wrote: 01 May 2019, 08:16 I was tempted to buy this book for myself until I saw your statement that it was meant for professional therapists. Thanks for a wonderful review!

Thank you for your comments.
Books are lovely.
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It's great to find unconventional yet viable and problem-solving options, too. It's good to note that you've discovered this piece's value. Thank you for your interesting review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

Espie wrote: 08 May 2019, 22:49 It's great to find unconventional yet viable and problem-solving options, too. It's good to note that you've discovered this piece's value. Thank you for your interesting review.
Thank you.
Books are lovely.
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

I have always embraced improving health through improving attitude and embracing the pain seems to fall in line with that. Thank you for the insightful review!
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:

Post by Mr Benji »

allbooked+ wrote: 09 May 2019, 11:53 I have always embraced improving health through improving attitude and embracing the pain seems to fall in line with that. Thank you for the insightful review!

Thank you too, all booked.
Books are lovely.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I like those healers and their good books. I really enjoyed the book and did get some lessons from it. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”