Review by Roxanne Thomas -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Review by Roxanne Thomas -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Roxanne Thomas » 22 Mar 2019, 13:31

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unbound Soul is a self-help spiritual awakening book which is written based on the life experiences of Richard L. Haight. Unbound Soul is a memoir of Richard L. Haight, written from Richard's point of view, with the purpose of assisting persons in the need of building a spiritual foundation to help overcome obstacles that they are faced with throughout life.

After reading the title of the book, I thought the book was about spirituality and I considered whether or not to read the book. However, I decided to read it and it was indeed enlightening.

From a young age Richard found religion to be interesting. He began to learn about the Bible when he was just eight years old. He even made a promise to Jesus to " find his bones", which I interpreted as meaning to find the true version of His teachings. The author loves martial arts and because of his love for this competitive sport, he had the pleasure of living in Tokoyo, Japan to study martial arts. Richard (the author) also had his personal challenges such as learning disorders and even a failed suicide attempt. Fortunately, he was able to overcome them.

Unbound Soul is divided into four sub-titles which are " My Story". This section which has a self-explanatory title, simply gives the reader an insight into the author's life.
The next title is "The Path" this section explains the process of finding "Isness". Isness is fully explained in the glossary at the end of the book.

Then there is the section titled "Daily Unfoldments". This section is about a day-to-day guide for living. It gives the reader advice for taking care of his/her body and mind. Lastly there is the section titled "Souls and Spirits". This section is simply a recap of the entire book.

Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is clearly written and easy to follow. His editors did a great job. While I was reading, I was also comparing some of what he said with the accounts that were recorded in the king James Bible. The story of Jesus's ressuraction really did caught my attention.

A book like this clearly has a wide range for a target auidence. It includes the young, the inbetween and the old. I believe there is a great chance of connecting with the young ( pre-teen) because of the tender age that the author himself had began learning about the bible. Other target auidence are persons seeking to understand spirituality, persons interested in Jesus and His teachings and also persons on their own spiritual quest can use this book as a guide and motivation. I without a doubt rate this book a solid 4 out of 4 stars.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Roxanne Thomas's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kelyn
2019 Reading Goal: 24
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 79
Currently Reading: Last City of America
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn » 14 Apr 2019, 20:41

I've heard of "isness" somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it. It sounds like the author truly felt called to his path in life. I'm not really into books with a spiritual basis, but I'm sure that those interested in the genre will find inspiration from the book. Thanks for the review!
Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story...Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe. (E. Cline - Ready Player One)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”