Official Review: Christianity from the Eyes of a Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: Christianity from the Eyes of a Child by Floy fenelon

Official Review: Christianity from the Eyes of a Child

Post by Mely918 » 21 Mar 2019, 19:08

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christianity from the Eyes of a Child" by Floy fenelon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Christianity from the Eyes of a Child by Floy Fenelon is a personal look into the author’s journey in finding the purpose of life. He seeks his answers by delving into the Christian philosophy. Fenelon attempts to give an objective perspective on Christianity and its true meaning. As humans, we all want to find purpose in our lives and long to have faith in something. However, as we grow older, we tend to abandon the curiosity we once had as a child. We forget to look for faith and to seek out the important things in life. Fenelon tries to remind his readers to maintain that curiosity. He looks to Christianity to find meaning and purpose in everyone’s lives.

Fenelon spent a good portion of his life analyzing Christianity and the Bible. Even as a child, he would often wonder what life was like before there was time, life or God. Fenelon never lost that curiosity as he grew older and continuously sought out answers and understanding. He tries to convey all the things that he discovered through years of learning in this book. He hopes to encourage others to not lose sight of the things they questioned as children. Additionally, he strives to find purpose in life and wants to help others find their purpose as well. Fenelon’s unbiased look in Christianity helps readers learn the truth about the religion, rather than what man has tried to make it.

I found this book quite interesting and profound. As a young adult, I often fear that I will lose my own thirst for knowledge and curiosity and as I get older. It’s great to see someone who yearns for understanding and maintains the same inquisitiveness that he had as a child. I especially enjoyed learning about his take on Christianity. As a fellow Christian, reading about other people’s perspective on it helps me to see it a different angle. It’s important to know the different ways in which a religion is interpreted. Fenelon did a great job at maintain an objective and unbiased view of Christianity. It’s too easy to fall into the trap of giving your own personal thoughts on it, but Fenelon withheld from doing that.

The book was, for the most part, an excellent read. The only critique I have for it was the grammatical mistakes. There wasn’t that many through the entire book. However, the ones I did catch stood out to me just because of how simple the mistakes were. The author would forget to place commas where necessary, which altered some of the sentence structures. For example, on page 15, there was a sentence that read, “This persisted until I was about sixteen when I had my first real girlfriend and my times were no longer spent alone.” Errors such as these occurred at the beginning, and I only caught four of them. However, careless mistakes like that made the book seem sloppy at the beginning.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The content was amazing and very meaningful. The author did a wonderful job of maintaining a clear and impartial view on Christianity. This book truly makes for a great learning experience. If not for the mistakes that I caught at the beginning, I would’ve given this book a perfect score. Even though there were only four errors, the simplicity of the mistakes hindered my overall enjoyment of the book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves seeking out wisdom and knowledge. It would also be a great read for Christians or people who enjoy learning about religions. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who isn’t a particular fan of these topics, nor if they’re already set in their ways of thinking.

Christianity from the Eyes of a Child
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: Scorched
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Vigilatus by Brenda Heller and Jimmy Adams

Post by kandscreeley » 08 Apr 2019, 07:49

Sounds like this is a great book to help deepen your faith. I love that the author was on a quest for answers from his childhood. It's too bad about the errors, but I can probably overlook those. Thanks so much.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Democracy in America
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Juliana_Isabella » 08 Apr 2019, 09:03

Thanks for your review. I definitely agree that mistakes early in the book often hint at the author not caring enough to edit.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 37
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Orope the white snake
Bookshelf Size: 220
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Scary Spring: Our Polio Fright of 1955 by C.A. Hartnell

Post by kdstrack » 08 Apr 2019, 09:49

How true, we lose our curiosity and even our thirst for knowledge so easily. Writing a book that inspires others to continue learning is admirable. Thanks for this recommendation.

Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ » 08 Apr 2019, 12:08

Sounds like a guide to strengthen and resirect your faith. Truthfully I've read the likes of these books and you will find them tedious if you are not ready.

bigscarythingy
2019 Reading Goal: 75
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by bigscarythingy » 08 Apr 2019, 22:28

Even though I'm no longer a Christian, this book still fascinates me. I like the sound of the well-structured nature of this book. I'm probably in the same boat when it comes to grammatical errors, however: they really interrupt my momentum. Thanks for this great review.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."

DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by DogoMulla » 09 Apr 2019, 14:58

This is a must-read. It is hard to find objective Christians nowadays. There's so many kinds of Christians, it's confusing. Fenelon seems to have been a good source of wisdom and insight. Your review is quite insightful. Thank you.

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading: Crimson and Clover
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Smitty's Calling Card by B.R. Stateham

Post by Prisallen » 09 Apr 2019, 16:26

I agree that it is very easy to lose our curiosity as we age. A book reminding us of that can be inspiring. Thanks for the review!

Evb621
Currently Reading: A Long Walk to Water
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Evb621 » 10 Apr 2019, 14:56

Amazing, excellent, very meaningful, full of knowledge and wisdom, impartial and profound are some of the words used to describe this book. This truly seems like a masterpiece. I agree this is a must- read! Thank you for your excellent review!

Bombey Marjorie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bombey-marjorie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Bombey Marjorie » 12 Apr 2019, 22:37

It's amazing how one will choose a path at a tender age and stay focused on it. The book sounds inspiring from your review. I believe reading it will add to my perspectives about Faith and Christianity in general

Stutiauradkar
Favorite Book: The Power of Thanksgiving
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Stutiauradkar » 15 Apr 2019, 02:20

This book title reminded me of a verse from the bible Matthew 19:14 says - But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”

As we grow older, we only know think about the work, family, etc but we forgot the curiosity we had in our childhood when we wanted to know about certain topic. we need to go back and recollect the passion we carried to know and how our eyes were brighten up when we got to know about something that could be ordinary for some people but exciting and new for us. Even during Sunday school class we had so many question to ask as the teacher used to dictate the stories from the Bible. I think this book is definitely going to take us back to our childhood and remind us about all the questions we asked and still carry within us. EXCITED

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”