Review by Dic45ta -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Dic45ta
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Review by Dic45ta -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Dic45ta » 21 Mar 2019, 08:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt good because someone is going through the same mess as you? If your answer is yes, then you would understand my undying love for this book. I have read many spirituality building books, after falling for Benny Hinn’s Good morning holy spirit, I thought no book could hit me hard as it had, but I was wrong. I picked The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight out of curiosity; I just wondered why it was the book of the month and why people liked it. Little did I know I was going to love it more than anyone. Just as the title suggests, it is a spiritual enlightenment book that takes you through the author's journey to finding his self and purpose.

Mr. Haight wrote the book in four parts: my story, the path, daily unfoldment and body, and lastly soul. He addressed every section in four or five chapters carefully explaining in detail how he dealt with every challenge that came his way and how it lead him to his search for the bones of Christ.

The words that hit me like deja vu was when Mr. Haight referred to earth as a school and a teacher. I came to realize that if I viewed the universe in that light and perspective from the very beginning, I would not have felt excessively stressed when faced with the slightest of difficulties because I was undergoing training for a greater deed. His vision in the Amazon remained the most enlightening to me. Everything started making sense after I read that chapter and I fell more in love with the book than I already was.

My ultimate love for this book drew from the martial arts relation to his journey. It was unexpected. That was my first time picking a book about spirituality with linkage to martial arts, and it was impressive. I think I lack the words to describe the excitement I felt. Maybe if you read the book for yourself, you can relate. I respect the author for one thing, and it is the fact that he did not in any way condemn any religion but instead made it one. His thoughts made me double think condemning the teachings and practices of different faiths aside mine.

In my opinion, this book was written to perfection since I did not detect any grammatical errors. I gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for achieving its aim at enlightening me spiritually and commend the author for finding a common line between the various religions. I recommend this book to everyone especially those who want to improve their spirituality. I would not recommend it to children between the ages of 6-11 years since it may be difficult for them to comprehend.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dic45ta's review? Post a comment saying so!
Remember to love yourself every day. I Love You.
💜💜💜💜.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”