Review by Kibetious -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 700
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Love's The Only House by Debra Godsee

Review by Kibetious -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Kibetious » 20 Mar 2019, 01:55

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment was authored by Richard L. Haight. The author is an instructor of meditation, healing, and martial arts. The book was published by Shinkaikan Body, Mind, Spirit LLC. It has been divided into five parts. The first part contains nine chapters. It entails the story of the author. The second part is entitled ‘The Path’ and consists of five chapters. The third and fourth parts are also made up of five chapters each. The book contains 219 pages, and is in the genre of non-fiction.

The author’s mission began at the age of eight. He had a vision where he was instructed by Jesus to find his bones for they were the core of his teaching. He was to find the essence of the teaching of Jesus and give it back to the world. The author was still a young boy, and this would certainly prove difficult. This book is the author’s account of tuning to ‘Isness’, his truest self, as he also guides the reader to his or her inner freedom as well.

One of the questions that would be asked is why one has to read this book yet there are a million others in every bookstore all over the world. The first reason would be the way the author describes each step in depth. It is not a book which tells readers what they have to get rid of in order to be their truest selves solely. It also shows that it is possible. The author begins by narrating his own account from the time he was young. He then goes ahead to cover many areas that have to be dealt with in the process of awakening. Most readers will be perplexed at some things that they tend to pay little attention to not recognizing their impact on their lives. The second reason is that the book was written with a lot of accuracy and precision. No statement was made merely for the sake of filling the pages of this book. Therefore, it is easy to read and understand because of its level of exactness and accuracy. Thirdly, regardless of whether you are spiritual or not, this book will challenge you. This is because it addresses every aspect of life.

I have benefited immensely after reading this book. For example, the author challenges the reader to live powerfully in the present. There are times when we allow our happiness to be overcome by unconfirmed fears about the future or by regrets from our past. What if we learned to live each day, one day at a time, while tackling challenges as they come by? What if we learned to perceive simple beauty in each day? I had equally never known that whenever one quits doing something out of despair, it is like feeding the quitting habit. Every individual instance of quitting makes the next quitting easier to a point where this becomes a habit.

The book was professionally edited. What I liked most were the personal experiences of the author and the aspect of humor as well. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to all fans of non-fiction books. It will appeal most to those who enjoy reading books on spirituality, especially spiritual awakening. The reader should be aware that the teachings in the book are drawn from various religions. Those who may be offended by this can avoid reading the book until when they are prepared to read it. However, anyone with an open mind when it comes to religion and belief systems can read it.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kibetious's review? Post a comment saying so!
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Cotwani
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: EN by Michelle Reynoso

Post by Cotwani » 24 Mar 2019, 08:46

I have been wondering about this book, especially in regard to religion. I'm glad you talk about that in your review. Its good there are many things to learn from it. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Latest Review: EN by Michelle Reynoso

Smiley 25
Currently Reading: Individual Advantages
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smiley-25.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Smiley 25 » 24 Mar 2019, 17:11

I was also surprised to learn that quitting creates a habit in the brain. It made perfect sense after reading it, but I never would have put this together. I have tried very hard since reading this book to keep myself aware of this. I really enjoyed the fact that the author wrote this book from the perspective of many different religions. I feel like different religions and words associated with each of them are often what trip people up. Two people, from two different religions, can say the same thing, with the same meaning, using different words. If we can put that aside we can learn so much from each other. Great review!

Sahani Nimandra
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra » 28 Mar 2019, 01:20

As you have put it,
Thirdly, regardless of whether you are spiritual or not, this book will challenge you. This is because it addresses every aspect of life.
then it's a book for every one. I'm glad it called your mind and heart. Thank you for your valuable input! :tiphat:
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:

Kibetious
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibetious » 28 Mar 2019, 09:08

Sahani Nimandra wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 01:20
As you have put it,
Thirdly, regardless of whether you are spiritual or not, this book will challenge you. This is because it addresses every aspect of life.
then it's a book for every one. I'm glad it called your mind and heart. Thank you for your valuable input! :tiphat:
Thanks a lot for the reply. The book was wonderful, and I am sure that it will challenge all readers as well.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

sarahmarlowe
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 45
2018 Reading Goal: 70
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading: Welcome To HELL.A.
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: Gravnick by Bob Herpe
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe » 28 Mar 2019, 12:23

Wow. I love the advice that we should enjoy our present lives and not give in to fear and worry about the future. The author is certainly correct. Worry and fear can drain our happiness and even our energy. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Thank you for such a thorough review!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Latest Review: Gravnick by Bob Herpe

Kibetious
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibetious » 29 Mar 2019, 00:28

sarahmarlowe wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 12:23
Wow. I love the advice that we should enjoy our present lives and not give in to fear and worry about the future. The author is certainly correct. Worry and fear can drain our happiness and even our energy. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Thank you for such a thorough review!
Indeed, the advice is one of its kind since the future always has a way of causing fear of the unknown and the past may bring some regrets. Thanks for the feedback.

unamilagra
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 155
Currently Reading: The Explosive Child
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Battlecraft VR by Linden Storm
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra » 29 Mar 2019, 12:01

Sounds like you were able to find a lot of value from this book. I'm glad the book is well organized, detailed, and concise. Great review!

Anna Bellle
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bellle.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anna Bellle » 29 Mar 2019, 12:47

I don't read non-fiction and spiritual books. I have read a sample of another book from the same author and loved his writing style. Thanks for the review Kibetious :tiphat:
"A Day May Come When The Courage of Men Fails.....
But It is Not This Day..This Day We FIGHT!!!"
~Aragorn~

gen_g
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Enemy No. 1 by James L. Repace

Post by gen_g » 29 Mar 2019, 23:03

It's great that you enjoyed this book - it certainly seems inspiring. Thanks for the review!

Jaime Lync
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 65
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: Pig Dog Moon by Kathleen Stockmier

Post by Jaime Lync » 30 Mar 2019, 01:28

This book is definitely not for me, but I appreciate your review. Thanks for sharing.

Firefawkes
2019 Reading Goal: 60
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: Planet I.A. 2068 by Chan Neled

Post by Firefawkes » 30 Mar 2019, 16:56

While this is not a book for me, I like how the author encourages the reader to "like powerfully and in the present," a message that everyone should hear! Thanks for your review!

chiefsimplex
2019 Reading Goal: 80
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 17
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by chiefsimplex » 01 Apr 2019, 14:22

I also wrote a review on this book and i noted the same excellence in execution of ideas.However i am worried that his philosophies get a bit too complex.Thanks for such a great review.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa

Kibetious
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibetious » 02 Apr 2019, 10:48

unamilagra wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 12:01
Sounds like you were able to find a lot of value from this book. I'm glad the book is well organized, detailed, and concise. Great review!
Hey. Thanks a lot for the comment and feedback. I gained a lot from the book and I hope that you will consider reading it.

Kibetious
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibetious » 02 Apr 2019, 10:53

Anna Bellle wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 12:47
I don't read non-fiction and spiritual books. I have read a sample of another book from the same author and loved his writing style. Thanks for the review Kibetious :tiphat:
There must be a reason for that. I really like reading non-fiction and spiritual books. I also liked his writing style. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”