Review by Annie_Pea -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annie_Pea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-pea.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Review by Annie_Pea -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Annie_Pea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation... by Richard Haight is precisely what the title of the book suggests. Haight gives an account of his life at the beginning of the book. He talks about not getting the full benefits from the life he was living at an early age he thought his teacher should have informed him of this. Although, Haight was in Special Education classes, and he was kept quiet with busy work Richard felt that the teacher did not believe in them, being an exceptional student felt that learning could have been to his advantage. Consequently, when he talks about his childhood memories how the fear of the Lord is in us kids growing up. Haight life sounds like any youngster, that goes through school with ordinary teachers that believe they know what's best for their students, but feeling something was missing he set out on a different path.

Haight puts no particular meaning to spirituality, and I like that he does not. Discovering that that way of thinking is not intended here. On the other hand, Haight talks of his idea of the unfoldment process the realization of something that happens to oneself is because the conscious mind is open to what is previously gone unnoticed. Haight calls it his apocalypse which is something most people understand. What to think of when we hear apocalypse? I believe that everything destroyed in one way or another, and a new being takes place. Now, this brings me to the Tree of Life and how Adam and Eve's disobeyed God, and the entire Earth changed because of the two. A new beginning takes place when life changes so drastically. Haight knew that there was something he could do better and he knew that he would share his findings with his readers. He started by believing in his capabilities. He set out on a martial arts journey that leads him eventually to the Amazon teachings and finding how to meditate while fasting. With each new awareness, Haight discovered that there was always something else missing.

What we can learn from this is that consciously we know what it is we seek, but unconsciously we find something is still left undone. No matter what Haight set out to do, he knew and felt in his mind that he could help his readers to be conscious of there surroundings and to harness that energy. He believed that the spiritual realm plays a big part in how to view the mind and the body as one.

When I started reading the book, I thought Haight was trying to find purpose with every and anything. He goes into finding every possible outcome of what happens if the unconscious mind is not open to what is right in front of it. I liked that Haight tells of all his experiences and that those are the same that each seeks whether they know it or not. He opens his readers up to find their true self and how life can be so much better if we are willing to acknowledge our shortcomings. I disliked how all of his thoughts are put into this book and in doing so cause the reading to be a bit exhausting. Haight gives so much information; it is hard to follow where he is going with all of this. Sometimes when life is not going the way it should or the way we feel it should resulting in it not being able to complete what we set out to do, and in the end, it causes other developments that set one on a path to gaining the recognition that one duly think they deserve. Haight certainly did a remarkable job on following his life story and all the developments along the way is really out of this world unimaginative.

Richard always knew what he could do and causes the pages to turn with his knowledge of spirituality, consciousness, and meditation. My recommendation goes out to anyone looking to revive themselves spiritually, but I tell you to hold onto to your hat because you are in for a bumpy ride. There is a lot to consider when reading this book, and with very few errors and the editing done with great care, I all but at least give a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Annie_Pea's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”