Review by Rose Harebate -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Rose Harebate
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Review by Rose Harebate -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Rose Harebate » 12 Mar 2019, 06:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The focus of this book is to teach a path of spiritual unfoldment that would help humanity to tune to consciousness. In other words, the book enlightens readers about spirituality, the purpose of life, and how to be truly free. In The Unbound Soul, the author Richard L. Haight starts first by discussing events leading to his spiritual journey. These events include learning how to read, practicing jogo, going to college, etcetera.

Haight's experience with spirituality began when he attended a multilevel marketing meeting. For his spiritual journey, the author practiced "aiki." He later went to Ecuador, where he believed a vision quest would give him guidance for his life’s mission. In the book, some of the methods used to achieve consciousness are meditation, prayers and chanting. The author further discusses strategies to care for the body. These include exercising, eating the right food, avoiding dehydration and correcting biorhythm issues.

I was glad to find the book educational. I have learned through the author's experience that it is through a difficult time that people realize they have a purpose in life. Haight realized during his last moment that he had a goal to achieve. In the book, I also learned that through a vision quest, one can overcome annoying thoughts, feelings and frustrations. Again, I was glad to learn that by practicing sotai-ho, one can be able to detect areas of heaviness in the body and apply therapy. Moreover, I have discovered that when meditating, we should clear ourselves of all disharmony. This is a better way of healing.

Furthermore, what I found appealing about this book is that it does not only teach about spiritual life but also urges people to live in harmony with others. Haight teaches us "to choose a positive, loving attitude that honors all life." The author also provides a step-by-step guide on how to do warrior meditation. These steps are easy to follow and require very little preparation. In Haight's words: "all that is necessary for its practice is readily available to you through your physical body."

The book has its own disadvantage. As a lover of fast-paced books, I was disappointed to find this book slow-paced. While I was waiting for the author to discuss his spiritual journey, I found myself reading about extensively detailed softball match. For example, " The inebriated catcher beamed the ball to the right of the second baseman, who missed it by a long shot. It rolled into the outfield where the centerfielder, Mark, retrieved and tossed it to third."

The book was easy to read and free of spelling and grammar errors. Though it is slow-paced, it contains valuable information for people interested in spirituality. As a result, I rate The Unbound Soul 4 out of 4 stars. It should be noted that anyone, regardless of their beliefs and traditions, will find this book helpful.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rose Harebate's review? Post a comment saying so!

unamilagra
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Currently Reading: The Explosive Child
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Battlecraft VR by Linden Storm
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra » 18 Mar 2019, 08:44

Thank you for a thorough review. I think I am one of the few who has not read this book yet, and I'm not sure I will because the whole spirituality thing doesn't really speak to me. But it looks like the author includes lots of information that anyone can incorporate into their own lives.

Raphealie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Raphealie » 18 Mar 2019, 09:46

Through a difficult time people realize their have a purpose in life

Irene Mudanye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Irene Mudanye » 19 Mar 2019, 06:51

I like the book. It make me realize all is not not lost. You can find yourself spiritually if you give time to something. Many of have gone through challenges and given up without knowing where to go for solutions

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”