Review by Emjopin -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Emjopin
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 9
2018 Reading Goal: 11
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Emjopin -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Emjopin » 12 Mar 2019, 05:49

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul
by Richard L. Haight

Book Review by Emjopin.

“Find my bones, for they are the core of my teaching. Most of what is written about me is untrue. Mankind has so twisted my teachings for selfish gain that little of the essence remains. What little remains is largely overlooked in the religious ritual and confusion. Find the essence of my teachings and give it back to the world. That is how you can help. Will you do this?”

God’s plea is the main essence of the book.

The The Unbound Soul may sound ethereal as Richard Haight’s emotionally woven prose about his metamorphosis. He started as a forgetful slow learner, his initial frustration. Then he gets more confused when the adults had conflicting ideas about God and religion.

Our dreams are either our obsessesion or our fear. So he was so concerned about his salvation. His capabilities are quite limited but he never gave up until his supportive friend inspired him to keep reading hence his comprehension leveled up. Then the more information he assimilated the more obsessed he became to fulfill a dream.

God saw the sincerity in his heart so His dream was a call for him to know God better. God is in Spirit, His body is a Spiritual Body. So when He said “find my bones”, It is as good as an endless search for Truth, like doubting Thomas whose dictum is “to see is to believe. “ He resurrected and was seen to have gone up to heaven body and spirit. It may be hoax to non-Christians but nothing is impossible to God.

The author’s life story is an amazing work of faith. He was transformed from a slow learner to a magnificent writer. He went through life’s ups and downs, at times he felt like an endless limbo. Acceptance was his first giant step forward. Defining the problem rather than denying it is the head start towards solving it.

We must recognize darkness, whatever is blocking the source of light and the right spot where the TRUE source of LIGHT really comes from. Thus, the Unbound Soul is the vital freedom from false doctrines to enter God’s Realm of Purity. God’s beam of Light may laser through a pure heart devoid of falsehood, hatred or prejudice. Unbound from worldly excesses that may hinder God’s ray of Light, Love and Peace.

The author honestly admitted being an atheist, thus his endless search for Jesus’ bones. Unless his Unbound Soul seek God’s Spirit rather than material bones of mortal soul, his mission will remain an impossible dream.

For its perfectly written and edited storyline he deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. I like his honesty and innocent betrayal against dogmatic indoctrination of hazy conflicting religions. It is a good read for everyone who is soul searching. A clear evidence of how religion grabbed power and dominated learning institutions causing further confusion. Shall we call it a TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SPIRIT with in vulnerable bodies? Hats off to the author/publisher for this very timely book for society in the brink of collapse or deliverance.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Emjopin's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kibetious
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading: Life Experience of a Self-respecting Black Man
Bookshelf Size: 600
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Deacon's Daughter by Felipe Alvarez

Post by Kibetious » Today, 02:41

Thanks for the review. The book deserves a perfect rating indeed. I also completed reading it recently.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”