Official Review: Divorced After 50 by Nancy Osier

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: Divorced After 50 by Nancy Osier

Post by cpru68 »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:22 To go off at something of a tangent, I did read recently that the divorce rate is now dropping (in the UK, at least) because men are helping with the housework etc. more than they used to. That's encouraging, I think. I agree that this might also be useful for younger people but I guess one might not have the time for sacred space etc. before 50. That's an amazing idea. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
I think we read the same article! I think when communication is good between partners and each help, it does wonders for a marriage. I got divorced in my late 30s, and I wish I would have had her self-care suggestions to follow back then. It doesn’t take much time each day to take a little time for self. It’s more about making the time. Thanks for reading my review and your wonderful comments.
Everything happens for a reason...
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

Wonderful review on the book. Rebuilding after a divorce is really difficult I've seen people close to me go through that. I admire Nancy's courage talk about it.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Having ended a long-term relationship at 50, I can relate to the issues we face as single women reinventing ourselves. This sounds like a very good guide. I wish my mother had something like it. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

Getting divorced after a lifetime of marriage is a difficult undertaking for anyone, but women especially are often shamed when they are no longer fulfilling the role of spouse or full-time mother. I hope this book brings healing and reassurance to those women.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I am glad to hear that you endorse this book ("There wasn't anything I didn't like.")because I would love to have this as a resource to give to my friends when they are struggling with divorce after 50. Your review was delightful.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”